DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Sage's new groomer used Show Sheen as a leave in conditioner. Wow! No mats. Just soft fleecy fur. Show Sheen is like Cowboy Magic and The Stuff. It is remarkable stuff. And our little girl is so much more comfortable. If your dog is plagued by mats Show Sheen might be worth a try.

Views: 232

Replies to This Discussion

Good Nancy, I love when you try things. Let us know : )
I googled 'show sheen' and found a recipe on a horse enthusiast site on how to make it yourself

This isn't mine nor have I tried it. I found it on pecefulValleyhayburners.com

Homemade Show Sheen Recipe
1/4 (one quarter) cup hair conditioner
1/4 (one quarter) cup baby oil
2 tablespoons vinegar (to keep flies away, this is optional)
1/4 (one quarter) cup water
Aha - baby oil!!!
who's hair conditioner? Dog Conditioner or Human Conditioner???
They have the Mane and tail Detangler Recipe too. I'm gonna guess it's human hair conditioner for the show sheen. Gonna try this.

Mane & Tail Detangler

Calgon Bath Oil Beads (dry)

Water

Mix the Calgon with water (one part Calgon to three parts water). Store in a spray bottle. It will help recondition your horse’s mane and tail. It also works well on knots. Apply liberally and work the knot out with a comb or stiff brush
Do you think these recipes are real or just someone's idea? I am not sure I would put Calgon on Ned w/o rinsing?????!!! It also seems to me that if you put baby oil on it would attract dirt not repel it. I am a So. California girl raised in the days of baby oil and the beach. I can tell you that sand/dirt and baby oil are not a good mix.
Hi Nancy, I think these are just someone's idea and I wouldn't try it. Sage is not greasy- there is no baby oil and I can't believe that Calgon would be much better in that department. I completely agree that baby oil and dogs are not a good mix. I can only say that Sage's coat is much better since the groomer started using Show Sheen.
Is there an actual leave in conditioner for dogs or can you use human conditioner?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service