DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Bexter is 10 months old now, and has never been to the groomer yet.  I have been trimming his face, doing his nails & ears, and also his potty area.  However, it is sooo time.  I have put it off because I'm so nervous!  I found a groomer I think will be good who I heard through word of mouth.  This groomer is familiar with doodles.  Before I go on Monday, I was wondering if any of you have a suggestion as to the length.  He is probably like 6 inches long now.  I want him to be NOT SHAVED, and to basically look more like he did when he was younger.  I am thinking 2 inches.  Does this sound like a good length?  What length do you all get your dogs clipped/cut to?  Any pictures would be great too!  Thanks!

Views: 1187

Replies to This Discussion

Sam and Luke are so fantastic looking.  I just love your dogs!!

Thanks for the kind words!  I'm biased so I think mine are the "best dogs in the wholllle wiiiiiide worrrrrld".  I think we all think that, though...which is how it's supposed to be!

And yours are gorgeous!  Great dogs all over the place on this website!

I do like these pictures of the Doods...and the multitudes of others that I take and post and torture people with.  I post so many that I practically got drummed off of facebook by my friends...that's why I made that blog so I'd have a channel for my obsession!  And saved my friendships!  :-)

One more so you can see more of his body.

That is a super cute dood...and they did a great job.  PLUS  he looks happy!  :-)

He's curly!!  

He looks just great, Traci.  Very nice job.

Very nice first haircut.  It looks like he was scissors cut, instead of using a clippers.  First haircuts are really for the dog to get accustomed to going to a groomer and the groomer to get to know you and the dog.  Looks like a success all the way around.

Oh My Gosh!  Your two dogs are ADORABLE (which I already knew)...But, you're right!  They do look a lot alike!  And yes, I am sooo relieved!  I was mentally preparing myself to be disappointed, and when she walked him out, I just went nuts.  I almost cried of relief!

Yeah, he looks great!  Now if that had been my dog...I still would need about 2 days to adjust.  I'm so weird!

Hi Traci!  Bexter looks fantastic.  What a huge change.  So glad everything went well and that you are happy with the end result.  One thing that I really love about the shorter fur is the way I can really see Pippin's eyes and face when he is all done.

He looks adorable.  I am so glad you are happy with his new look. 

Wow, what drama, just read back through that whole thread and hopefully I am wiser for it.  Amazing how when the coat is shorter it goes to curl.  I'm preparing myself for Riley's first proper hair cut.  He doesn't have mats I just double checked with a comb but it's only a matter of time.  Bexter looks so different, gorgeous but different you wouldn't think it's the same dog!!  I'm thinking next month...can't quite bring myself to go just yet.  I also think I'm going to invest in a table and one of those arm things my biggest problem is getting Riley to stand.  He lies down on the table and tucks his legs underneath him.

I just caught up with this . Bexter looks great and it seems like you have found wonderful groomers. You can certainly do it yourself, though.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service