DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Wanted regal and pretty

This is what I got back. They even did this fox tail thing to her tail when I said do not trim her tail. I am buying a grooming table, dryer, and all the tools needed to learn and groom at home. Maybe to save time she can go get a bath and a brush out but I think hat may be the extent out outside grooming for sophie. The it will grow back in ad we can try again line came up. It took all my strength to not reach over with clippers shave a line down her head and say don't worry honey it will grow back. If you cant do what the customer wants be honest before you try to cut not after.

Views: 1898

Replies to This Discussion

if I do get all the grooming stuff I will need test subjects to practice on after I trim sophie :)

She's adorable, I had the same thing happen with Ollie , brought a pic in and ended up with a shaved dog. He looked so sad, but its been about three weeks and he looks much better now. I guess I have to tell them not to shave him or locate someone that grooms doodles

I have been staring at Sophie now for a few days since her shearing and have noticed not only was it a short cut but it is horribly uneven everywhere. here are some pictures let me know what you think.

Yes, it was definitely a bad cut. Some of the apparent unevenness looks to be due to the waviness of Sophie's coat and the groomer going way too short for her coat type. I'd be looking for a new groomer.

Sometimes it's hard to tell in pictures because of the way the fleece bunches, but you're right.  This looks like a bad cut.  

That looks like a very sloppily done job. Hmmm.

DId you pay for this?  I'm not surprised you are livid, I would be too. This is why I do both my boys myself. I bought good grooming equipment and once you have everything you need it doesn't take long to make it cost effective. The best part is that every mistake is your own.  I tend to bath on one day and trim/clip on another, often I do a little each day over a week until I get exactly what I want.  In no time at all you will be brilliant at it.

I wonder if there were sections that was matted and needed to be cut out?

I have been running into the uneven cuts too! I just switched groomers AGAIN....

Bob I have to agree with you on the unevenness of the cut.  This is a very bad cut.  She is still cute and her coat will grow back in no time.  Good luck with finding a new groomer.

Sophie is such a beautiful color and I agree that your groomer could have done a better job. Have you thought about grooming her yourself? It's really not that hard. :>)

She is so cute!!  The first photo looks like a picture of a dog who has been groomed a couple of weeks ago. He has that " It's starting to grow back " look.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service