DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

In the PG's September assignment I posted what Otis did on his "staycation". F asked to be kept updated, so here it is. (I feel the GG is the best place to update.)

We had this eyesore in the back yard since we moved here 20 years ago. Otis had plans to replace it with a structure to mirror the "shed" across the yard but as things go it never happened.  I have always wanted a greenhouse and decided to go ahead and get one. The location I wanted to put it did not agree with Otis. He wanted to put it behind the garage. Then for me it would be "out of sight/out of mind" especially during inclement weather. As couples who have been married for some time do (sometimes) we compromised. The greenhouse will go between the house and garage and replace the ugly structure that houses the expansion tank and well plumbing. (I will have to spend a little more for the greenhouse to get a more decorative one.)

So the work began a couple of months ago on Otis's "staycation". The structure (1) was torn down (2); an unused old well was filled in (3& 4).

The plumbing and electrical moved/replaced and the footings dug (5); concrete poured (6); masons came and layed the foundation (7) and complete foundation with pile of dirt moved to fill holes in yard (8).

It has been a slow project due to the weather and the fact that Otis works 5 days a week.

TODAY I ORDERED THE GREENHOUSE!!!

To be continued..................

Views: 244

Replies to This Discussion

How terrific and you two really did a fantastic job.  It is so exciting to have something you have wanted come to fruition after all these years.  As a gardener, I so get it!  

Otis gets credit for most of the work. I helped where I could. I just love the greenhouse.

Looks like so much fun.  Enjoy your greenhouse and don't forget to post pictures of the plants you grow in it.

Nice greenhouse!  I wish I had the room for one.

Thank you. It was a long time dream

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service