DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Red iceberg roses are now available, at least through Jackson and Perkins.  I adore my white Icebergs, so very easy and disease free.  Has anyone tried the red Icebergs yet? And what beside clematis and buddleia ( both are too big for my front garden) looks good with roses? (I don't care for lavender as it makes me sneeze and my nose run when I have work near it.

Views: 153

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't seen red Icebergs but I'm thinking about a white climber so maybe Iceberg is a good choice. I think white and  purple salvias would look good with small roses. Even perennial geraniums, or small daylilies should work. I can't think off hand of a non pesty climber instead of a clematis though.
I haven't seen the Red iceberg either.  But if you are looking for a plant that will help hide the legginess some roses get you might like Walker's Low Catmint.  I have it planted amongst a bed of red & yellow roses.  The catmint grows up between the canes and the lovely blueish-purple flower spikes peek out between the roses.

I have Walker's low catmint, but I never thought of putting it between or in front of the roses.  Great idea thanks

s

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service