DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

UPDATE

Doc said Charlie sprained his shoulder and prescribed a few days of good rest! Doc felt around and everything was good except a tender spot on his right shoulder.  Doc said he might have fell at the wrong angle.  I'm so relieved!  Thanks everyone for your good wishes.  Charlie seems to be back to his normal self, but I've put up baby gates around the house so he'll just stay on one floor, and I'll probably be carrying him up and down the stairs for the next few days just to be safe! Thanks again everyone!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

This happened at around 11 am today, Charlie was apparently playing chase with a Yorkie, and then just all of a sudden fell down and started screaming in pain.  The daycare people separated him from the play group right the way and let him settle down in their office. He was panting and in a lot of pain. They called me.  I was at work and in a meeting so didn't get the message until about 12:15.  I went pick him up right the way and I could see that he was limping a little, but he wasn't panting excessively anymore.  Daycare people told me they checked him over and nothng seems to be broken, so he might just had a sprain.  I called the Vet and am going to see them at around 2:45.  We are home (it's 1:30 right now) and he keeps on licking the front leg that was limping (around the ankle area) and seems really wiped out.I'm so worried.  I touched the leg but it didn't seem to be hurting him.  I'm hoping it's just a cramp but want the Vet to make sure.

Views: 215

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry to hear this. Let us know what happened at the vet! I am glad your daycare took action!

Awe poor Charlie! Good luck at the vet and keep us updated!!! Prayers sent your way!

I am sorry to hear this too. Good luck at the vet.

Sorry to hear this. Please let us know what the vet says.

Poor Charlie, keep us updated. I hope he feels better ASAP!

Poor Charlie.  Hoping for a positive update.

I'm so sorry! Please let us know what you learn at the vet's office.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie, I hope it's not serious. Please keep us posted.
My girl is a jumper and she really gets air sometimes and it scares me to death. Yesterday she felt the need to jump, popped the ball up in the air higher then jumped again and crash landed! Luckily she was fine but I was done, she really doesn't have to jump but I think she feels the need to? She jumps sometime just when I'm gently tossing the ball at home, from the couch! Silly dog.
Thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

Hoping for the best. Please continue to post after you see the vet. Poor Charlie and poor you! Such a worry!

Poor Charlie, I hope it's nothing serious, please let us know how he's doing after the vet. 

His injury could range from a sprain to a torn CCL.  One of my dogs has torn CCL ligaments that required surgical repair and rehabilitation.  I would get him into the vet asap. so that he can diagnose the problem.

I am so relieved to hear it is something minor and he will be back to normal in no time! Thanks for the update!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service