DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Not sure this is the right forum, but hopefully somebody has some ideas.  Maizey (my 1.5 year old) has been super sleepy today and refuses to sit and when you kind of push (very lightly on her hip area) she lets out a whimper.  She was kind of like this last night (although I didn't realize the pain thing) but she woke up every few hours and kind of whimpered and then went back to sleep.  I didn't realize it was a whimper until today.  Now she's resting quietly on the couch and is kind of curled up.  Should I be concerned?  Did she just maybe tweak a muscle?  Am I overreacting?  Should I make an appointment at the vet?  I tried to put an ice pack on it but it didn't do much.  She ate breakfast / dinner and has been drinking and going outside just fine just really, really sleepy.  I am just really worried and googling things has only mad it worse (and my dad is in town visiting and thinks I'm a little crazy).  Has anyone seen this?  She didn't really do anything out of the ordinary yesterday that I can remember.

Thanks!

Views: 212

Replies to This Discussion

Hi again, 

Bad news - the orthopedic surgeon finally came back with his opinion - hip dysplasia.  Maizey is, btw, doing great - happy, pain-free, walking, playing, trying to jump and run, etc.  The vet said its mild for now but it will develop into arthritis and she will be a candidate for surgery at some point although maybe not until she's a lot older (fingers crossed).  I'm very sad and upset but Maizey definitely seems happy and care-free right now.  She is also going to start on adequan (not sure of spelling) shots and glucosamine tablets.  

Will start doing lots of research now!  Poor Maizey.  

I'm so sorry to hear this :-( Have you looked over your breeder contract for any health guarantee that might cover genetic defects within 2 yrs? There may be some compensation written into the contract for this very sort of thing.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service