DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi guys

my puppy was born on the second week of feb. SOOOO EXCITED FOR the countdown.

so i need to think of a female dog name ..

how didyou guys come up with the names? i find it is so hard to think of a name till i see the puppy older.

Views: 150

Replies to This Discussion

LOVE both the names you have chosen!!!
We love characters, fictional or real life. Our beagles' registered names are Sherlock Holmes Super Sleuth, (Sherlock for short), and Baxter Black Cowboy Poet (Baxter). Baxter Black is/was a NPR contaminator and former large animal vet and self proclaimed 'cowboy poet'. If Sherlock had been named first, I am sure Baxter's name would have been Dr. Watson; but that is another story.

Harlow's full name is Lauders Jean Harlow; named after the silver screen actress (some called her a silver screen hussie B-) ). We were sure we were going to call her Lauren Bacal because of her lovely brown coat, but somewhere between the Delta Airlines cargo pick up and home we realized she was a Jean Harlow. As it turns out, as Harlow transitions to her adult coat she is has a lot of silver in her coat. Not a platinum blonde, but definitely a starlet.
I talked about this before, but we always name our dogs food names. Don't ask me why. We have had Hershey, Honey, and now Fudge. I even had a dog named Peanuts growing up. Our current dog is chocolate colored and we made a list, like many others on DK, and I had several favorites. When I told my husband, I wanted to go with Fudge, at first he said "dear god" and then I just kept saying it out loud and knew that was the one.

We are getting our second puppy the end of the month and this time he will be cream colored. Again, I made a list and googled dog names, etc. and a couple of my favorites were Noodle and Vanilla Beans (call him Beans). Again, the husband weighed in on Noodle and said no way was he going to the dog park and yelling, "here Noodle, here Fudge."

I just decided that this time the husband could pick the name. We haven't had much confidence in his ability to do this since he put the name Stew into the hat for our rabbit....as in Rabbit Stew. Anyway, I had mentioned calling the new pup Vernors after a Midwest Ginger Ale in one of our conversations, and he LOVED that name. So, Vern it is. There goes my dream of Noodle Doodle.
Vern is great! And so is the Ginger Ale!!!
Have you come up with any names yet?
this is the list i got so far.... my bf likes Emma the most.
hannah
kylie
cassie
fifi
giggles
gretel
haley
holly
jemma
niko
nellie
pebbles
sheba
mia
Gilda- This is a term which means coated in gold. A great name for your blonde-haired dog.
Henna - An outstanding name for a reddish-brown dog such as an Irish Setter or Cocker Spaniel.
Honey - "I'm golden-blonde and naturally-sweet.
Nugget - Another great name for your golden-haired dog.
Saffron - Expensive, orange-yellow colored spice. A wonderful name for your orange puppy dog.
Sepia - A very fitting name for your reddish-brown

Emma
mable
cleo
nikki
phoebe
Ella
hi everyone..
so we concluded with the name emma!
What a great choice, Emma is a beautiful name!
I love, love the name Emma!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service