DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I found some pictures that we took during the first month we had Darwin. I hadn't really seen these photos since we took them, and after looking at them I realized his coat has changed quite a bit. So I'm revising my past discussion on his coat change with a few more photos...

we brought him home at 12 weeks, so I'm not sure what he looked like before that. 
when we first brought him home, 2" or so long hair, straight fur. He only need a normal hairbrush run through on his coat, and it was very fine and soft.

4 months old his hair was long and pretty much straight. Silky, and still required no brushing, and he didn't shed a bit - 

Six months. I gave him a haircut so it's shorter, but you can still see that his hair is wavier and thicker. It was starting to feel a bit more cottony now- 

Around 9 or 10 months - Another haircut, but his fur is obviously thicker and curlier. Still soft, but thick and cottony. The hair on his back grew darker and somewhat coarser. He started to matt at this point, and shed minimally

And finally, present. His hair has grown out again, it's curly when short, wavy/curly when long. No more shedding, but he still matts if not regularly brushed. He is very soft, even on his back which is slightly course. He is also a bit lighter in color now. 

Views: 2956

Replies to This Discussion

I love him as a fluff ball. He looks super soft!

oh what a good doodle I love the one of him just standing the looking like a big teddy bear! sinply HANDSOME, Darwin

Camilla this is such a great journey for you to share with all us newbies as the mysterious coat changes seem to make many of us wonder. Thanks! Darwin is such a fun dog and you really do justice to his personality and antics with your photography.

Thank you!

These photos are amazing. I love Mr. Darwin, so handsome!!!

What a beautiful boy! I love how he has transformed!

I hope Dexter becomes this handsome.  Absolutely stunning!!!!

Thanks all!

My gosh, your photos are amazing. You have talent. Darwin is gorgeous.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service