DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My husband and I decided that it was time for us to get another dog. Fifa, our first dog, was about 1 1/2 and we thought she would do so well with another dog and would love to have a companion.

Our good friends have a golden doodle, and we knew that was what we wanted. But, we really wanted to try to rescue. So, we started searching and found RAGOM. We applied and they did a home visit and soon we were approved. There was only one doodle on their adoptable pet list, and hundreds of people wanted him. By the time our application was approved, he was already gone. We were so happy that he found a loving home, but we knew that another doodle probably wouldn't be on RAGOM for a long time. 

One night, I decided to look on petfinder just to see. I came across 2 gorgeous female goldendoodles. I called the rescue organization right away and she informed me both girls were already taken. But, for some fateful reason, she had received an email 10 minutes before I called that a little boy would be coming with, as well. She asked if we wanted him, and I couldn't believe it. It was fate! 3 days later, we drove 5 hours to get our little guy.

Hudson came from a breeder who took him to the vet to be put down. One eye is smaller than the other, and the breeder assumed he was blind or would be blind in that eye. I was shocked beyond belief that a breeder could do this. This puppy is the sweetest, most loving, smartest little guy. Every animal deserves to be loved, regardless of any special need or concern. Hudson's two sisters were also brought to the vet because of knee cap issues (very minimal). Hudson also has the same thing. I hope that this breeder is no longer a breeder and that the dogs that were with her are now safe and in loving homes.

I am so thankful that Hudson found us. We couldn't ask for a better puppy to be in our lives.

Views: 140

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations on your new baby boy! Thank you for giving him the loving home he deserves!

Another awesome adoption story....Thank you for rescuing him and seeing beyond his so called flaws.

Congrats on your boy and thanks so much for wanting a rescue.

Congratulations!  I am so glad that you and Hudson found each other.  I went to your page and saw your pictures of Hudson.  What a cute pup!

Thank you for adopting Hudson.  Isn't it the best feeling to be able to give a home to a doodle in need?!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service