DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Cally has got to be the fastest eater I have ever seen in my life! She can "inhale" a whole cup of food in under a minute. I have tried other bowls that slow her down but to no avail. I have also tried putting her food all over the floor and she just lays on it and licks it up. I saw on Chewy.com fun game bowls and figured I would give it a try. I knew I definitely needed something so what could it hurt. I tried it tonight for the first time for her dinner tonight and she went from eating a cup of food in under a minute with no chomping just inhaling to TEN MINUTES! She actually chewed her food and even took a breath and went back to the bowl. It has a very low profile so there was no way she could turn it over. The only grievance I have is the actual flower part has pretty raised sides so it was a little more difficult but I think it will be easier as she grows. I also wish it was stainless but oh well! I am already debating on buying another one so I can rotate them.

This is the one I bought.

It is a Kyien Dog Flower Slo Bowl Interactive Dog Feeder. I highly recommend it to those with speedy eaters.

This is their selection:

Views: 910

Replies to This Discussion

I just ordered one of these on Amazon for Haley who has always inhaled his food.  I have always been concerned about his fast eating.  Hope this works.

Anne, what style did you get? I am thinking about getting another one! I do not think you will be disappointed, as Cally went from eating a cup in under a minute to taking ten minutes to finish it!

I got the Flower.  It was 14.99 on Amazon and free shipping with Amazon Prime.  I'm not sure about putting something this size top shelf in dishwasher though.  I may have to wash it every night.  : (  (Haley eats 1 1/4 cup in about a minute or so from a regular bowl.)

I have washed it each time as well. I soaked it in hot water and soap and scrubbed it with a soft sponge so I would not scratch it. I did not want to make any scratches in it since plastic is known to harbor bacteria.

When you get it, let us know how long it takes Haley to eat it! I was shocked it took Cally 10 minutes! Honestly, I would have been happy if it took her 2 minutes but it was better than I expected. Always a bonus!

Haley's bowl came today.  He just finished eating his dinner out of it.  He gets 1 1/4 cups of small kibble and it took him 13 minutes.  I would expect after eating from it several days he will shave some time off the 13 minutes.  I am happy with the results and probably will get another.

Good news. Thanks for the update, Anne.

Great news Anne. I was wondering how it would go! I have already added another one to my next auto ship. I am going for the green hill one next, although I have a feeling it will be a bit easier for her but I like to change it up. Cally has improved her time but not by much. It is still worth it not to hear her gag after every meal! I have no idea how they can eat that fast! I would feel like I have to pass out if I ate that fast and it probably would not be possible. LOL

Luna inhales her food in about 20 seconds :p  It's only about 3/4 of a cup but still.. yikes!  She just burps a bit after and she's fine - she's also a smaller dog though (only 35 lbs) so her risk of bloat is relatively lower.

J, I have to say when Rosey was in the ER for her sugery for Bloat the vets were telling me that all the old research that dogs can get Bloat because they are deep chested, eat fast, running after they eat, eating big meals or so on, is all though still relevant but is not always the case. As a matter of fact when we were sitting in the waiting room while they were doing ex-rays to confirm it was Bloat there was a couple sitting next to us who had a smaller Aussie I believe, who was undergoing surgery for Bloat as well. Which shocked me!!! The vets said they are finding it in smaller dogs and even dogs that cannot walk so it is a risk for all dogs!  Like Karen said, why take the chance!

The fact that something has never happened to you or your dog doesn't mean that it can't happen, or that it won't happen. This is why anecdotal information doesn't mean anything when it comes to health issues. In discussions on "natural" flea and tick preventatives, you often see people say "I use (name of some plant) on my 5 year old dog and he has never gotten fleas". 

Well, with my last dog, I never used any kind of product to prevent fleas or ticks. Nothing. Just never thought about it, even. And at the age of 14, she had never had a single flea or tick. So I could have said "I use nothing on my 14 year old dog, and she has never gotten fleas" as a recommendation for using no flea or tick product at all. I mean, 14 years, no fleas.

Of course, 4 months before her 15th birthday, she got the mother of all flea infestations. :)

Took 2 months and thousands of dollars to get rid of it. 

Darwin is a pretty quick eater, thanks for posting this!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service