DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Karen: opinions? They are San Diego based and currently having a huge push PR wise in our area. Specifically looking at the " Love" version. Any thoughts? Yay or Nay?

Views: 247

Replies to This Discussion

We love love love Honest Kitchen.  Duffy has been on their foods since she was 9 weeks old and is doing great!  (she's 2.5 now)  It is a comfort to us to know she is getting human grade foods in a world where pet food is so unregulated and not necessarily made in the dogs best interest.  We have tried a number of their foods including Thrive, Embark, Zeal, Force, Revel and Love.  Duffy ate them all very happily.  We alternate mostly between Embark and Force at this point, mostly because Duffy seems to do better on a grain free diet and her digestion does not work well with beef.  

We also love their treats (which do have grain in them) 

They have a concierge program that is like an auto ship but with a human touch.  It's great the food and treats come to my door.  

I'd be happy to answer any questions if anyone would like.  

Wendy and Duffy

Thanks Wendy! I actually have never heard of them, until just recently. Still doing my homework on them, and looking for opinions. I will certainly ask, once I make my way through each of their foods.

Ro, they've been on our Recommended Brands list forever, lol, and we've had many discussions here about HK. Excellent quality, very helpful for dogs with tummy issues. Also very expensive. :)

It's a dehydrated raw product that must be mixed with water, so not the best choice for people who free feed, who board their dogs frequently, or whose dogs are on immunosuppressants. 

Thanks Karen...I was just coming back to say this would not work for us. I can't take the chance with the raw meats, with Stu's lack of Immune System. Not that he would be handling it, but just not worth any kind of potential risk. For some reason, I thought there were other choices with HK.
And thanks for all the link info! I found them AFTER I posted...( duh, smack myself up the head)

Results of a search for past discussions on Honest Kitchen, lots of info. 

I am on the road, so this is short. Our vet just took Lexi off honest kitchen. Great product from an ingredient standpoint, but extremely high in fibre. Lexi started pooping all day on on the Zeal after a few weeks. And there was a lot of undigested food coming out. And we did let it sit in water. Sorry to be so graphic. Vet said beef might be better than fish, but that she has a number of dogs who have had to come off it after a few months for the same reason. She said it can be a lifesaver for a dog who has issues though.... My dog has a prima Donna belly, so it may be great for another pup!

It sounds really good and we've tried a couple different kinds but my dogs really, really hate it.  Maybe they don't like to eat mush?  or maybe too many unusual ingredients?  I do make homemade dog food and I sometimes add a bit of HK in to use it up and balance their diets but they give me the evil eye when I do.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service