DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I was just at Petsmart and a lady was walking across the parking lot with a beautiful Golden Retriever. She stopped me and asked me some questions about my car, as she is thinking of getting one. She said she is a Breeder and was questioning whether a crate would fit in the back seat or not. She asked if I had a dog and when I told her I had 2 Golden Doodles, she rolled her eyes,turned up her nose and made an awful face. "Why would anyone ever consider paying that much money for a Mutt!! That's all they are ya know...mutts." And she went on and on about GD's and all kinds of negative things about them. She made me so mad, I think if she had not had the Golden Retriever standing there beside her, I probably would have run over her.

Views: 566

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

A groomer, were I took my Belgium Shep. for 10 years told me that the firs time I took Nadal to her shop. I never went again and she was not happy when I left because I told her she was not only a bad groomer but also a bad business woman. Couple weeks ago a vet at the clinic I go to told me that too!!
Joy, you are so right! Before I got Katie I told a lady at work about what I was planning and she just went off. She started talking about paying for a mutt and that there were issues with the mix. I've heard this over and over and it makes me SO mad. People tend to forget that a lot of the "pure breeds" started out as hybrids. I think the doodles are a wonder mix and know now that they are the "breed" for me. I think I would have wanted to run her over too.
You know doodles are a mixed breed dog. I also have a lab mix - a mutt from a rescue. His mom was Australian Shepherd and his dad was ????? We know he is a lab mix because of his general look and his fur (groomer says lab, lab, lab). He is listed at the Vet as a lab/Shepherd mix (not even Australian Shepherd). My new little labradoodle is listed as a poodle/ lab mix. As much as I like my vet, they don't consider Ned anything but a mutt. They haven't even said how cute he is. So, who cares. We got Ned because we fell in love with the whole labradoodle mix - non-shedding, temperament, look, etc. but I have to say we fell in love with our mutt from a rescue the same way. And, we fell in love with our pure breed English Springer Spaniel. Again, feel sorry for those people who look down on us for choosing our dogs - they get to clean up dog fur and get smelly doggy spaces and we don't. We have the smartest, cutest dogs around and WE know it.
I LOVE that comment. Cuz yeah...somehow by breeding a poodle to something else the POODLE is magically diluted. Go conductor!!!
As my DH says "just tell them their dog only has one pedigree yours has two"
Ha! That's good one Valma! I will definitely use that one if it ever happens again!!
Oh my gosh.... some people I swear!! I could never talk like that to anyone. Everyone has their own reasons for the animal they choose. Like anything life...keep your ridiculous comments to yourself!! I honestly don't know how you kept your cool. I hope you told her that your car would never be suitable for such a RUDE person - she should worry about her BIG head fitting into the car rather than her crate!!
Lori, you are so right. After the fact, I thought of all kinds of things I should have said, but I was just so dumbfounded that this complete stranger could be so rude. Since my car is a convertible, that would have been a perfect thing to say... "The crate will probably fit, but you'll have to put the top down for your head to fit in here"!!
Aren't all pure bred of dogs a result of mixing certain breeds of dogs? I could be wrong on that one, but still it's a matter of selective breeding either way. I bet you 10 (or less) years down the road you will see LD or GD on the AKC registry list!
With Nala, its "is that a long haired lab?", as if there was such a thing... ha!
I laugh now when someone recently called my doodles a "mutt" and they hate designer dogs! yes this is a neighbor 1/2 mi down road. I didn't bother wasting my time, energy or breath on her. she even put me down for adopting a rescue cat hahhaaa SHE and her hubby were NOT worth my time, energy or breath so i walked away.

I also have a future inlaw that likes to tease asking me what my snickerdoodles are called.Depending on my mood i answer" they're my babies" or you're right they're snickerdoodle cause they make me laugh so much! ;)

i could care less anymore what others say or call max and peanut
I care more about that i love them and my family/closest friends do too!

OH, in OB class my doodles in past when they trained with no treats and then went to head of the class it was interesting to see the same people looking down their nose at us, come to me then saying what GREAT dogs they are.

flip side: when i am out in public doing training with my doodles for future pet therapy work at a hospital, i do get much respect and very positive comments.

the pure breeds? they're all from infusions of other breeds hahhhaaa!!!

Come to think of it, I'm the one who should be called a mutt hahhaaa
as i not 100% of any heritage ........just 100% into loving my doodles!
The first time I took Sunni to the vet the demographic page listed her breed as mixed. I was crushed. Now I figure we have the best of both breeds and to know them is to love them.
Hi Joy! You would think that a "breeder" of quality Goldens wouldn't be so insecure! I was at Ukrops and the elderly gentleman loading my car said "gotta love a stray!" I tried to explain that Charley was a "goldendoodle" and not a stray but bred to be that way. He wouldn't hear any of it. He said, "I hope that wasn't on purpose!" We have had lots of laughs over that one. Their loss, our gain!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service