DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

OK, what did you name your Doodle and why? I'll start.

We kinda got the name Penny from the TV show, "Big Bang Theory". It happens to be our favorite show, but that's not why Penny got named Penny. It came from the show, but not 'cause it's our fave. The lead female character on that show is Penny. When we started watching "Big Bang", years ago, DH and I said to one another, "Oh, Penny. That's a cute name". That was the end of that. Fast forward to when we adopted our puppy. We discussed many names; even Googling dog names. Then we said, "It's gotta be Penny! She's a Penny!"

But at first every time we said her name in the beginning we had the urge to knock 3 times. Anyone familiar with the TV show will know that Sheldon always knocks on Penny's door 3 times, saying her name 3 times. At first the "knocking thing" bugged us but that soon passed and we got around to just enjoying the name like we did when we first heard it.

We can't imagine Penny being named anything different.

:-)

Views: 657

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At least you have a nice friend. When I was trying to choose a name for my new puppy years ago, my friend suggested Rooney because his eyebrows reminded her of Andy Rooney.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Andy Rooney was quite a character and very intelligent too though, so not a bad suggestion. 

LOL!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!! :P.
We got the name Jaxson from Sons of Anarchy. I didn't watch it but my husband did. He is named after some biker guy. I didn't object because I really liked the name. And I really like the spelling. Jaxson, being so cute and fluffy, is as far from a biker as you can get!!!

Spelling is always a huge factor, right????  I really like the name Jaxson too!

We had an Irish Setter mix we named Freya for the same reasons you chose.  I love seeing your screen name with Freya in it.

While researching dog names I came across a couple different articles recommending canine names begin with a consonant, end with a vowel, and contain two syllables, three maximum. Something to do with a dogs hearing and comprehension abilities. Also to try to not make the dogs name sound similar to another common word or command. Taking that to heart and being fans of many old rock groups, we named our Goldendoodle Crosby. It fits him perfectly. He's a goofy, light hearted guy with hair sticking up here and there, demonstrating his loving, free spirit. He's a joy.
The town I lived in in England was called Hartlepool, so my ex named our first dog Hartley in honour of that place, I wanted to name him Iggy after Jerome Iginla! The second dog was supposed to be female and was going to be Abby or Emma. But we picked a male and he was nameless for the first few days that we had him. I wanted to call him Junior but he was very attached to my ex and he decided to call him Chase, which apparently means 'hunter or huntsman' and he definitely lives up to that name!!

Hoka: Always mean to be my running partner. Hoka was named after my brand of running shoes, Hoka One One. He has lived up to his name and LOVES to run with me. We started about 14 months old and he runs several times a week, anywhere from 3-8 miles. He is 2.5 years old now. Caveat, he is never tired, ever. I have a crazy and really aerobically fit dog.

Moxie: A little rescue terrier who moved right in with two 60+lb dogs and fit right in. Like they'd say in an old movie: "She's got moxie!"

Marie, I just sent a friend request, I wanted to ask you about your Hola running shoes. :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service