DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am sure this question has come up a lot.  I found the info in the health forum but that food is way too expensive and no one local sales any of the brands.  Any recommendations for a healthy dog food that is easier to find?  I want to make sure it prevents bloating as well. 

Thank you for any and all info

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amy, We have a Food Group on DK and all the answers you are looking for are in that group. I use Fromm (4 Star Line) for both my dogs and they love that food. Good luck!
Laurie is right of course. The Food Group is a must for this info. I'm feeding the doods Acana.
We couldn't find a lot of them in mentioned in the group either and when we found one store there was NO way we can afford what we wanted to feed our 2 doodles. We ended up upgrading-grain to grain free and got the biggest bag of Canidae pure sea. The group will help what the bad things are to watch out for. Good luck we spent a lot of time before deciding.
I feed Bexter Natural Balance Synergy...He does great on it.  I get it at Petco.  You can also buy most of the foods online & even have it shipped to your house.

Here is our list of Recommended Foods.

Many of them are available at Petco and Petsmart. There is a wide range of prices.

You cannot have the "best" of anything and not pay for it. Quality is expensive. Meat costs more than cereal.

However, you also cannot judge how expensive a food is by the price alone. Orijen has 100+ calories per cup more than some of the "less expensive" foods. I feed my 80 lb. dog 3 cups per day, whereas I would have to feed him 4.5 cups of some of the less expensive foods. So he would go through it faster, and a 30 lb bag of Orijen might last longer than 40 lbs of a less expensive food.

I agree with Karen in that a good quality food can be very affordable when you look at how much less you have to feed your dog.  When I shop I look at that as well as the ingredients, size of the bag and price. It may help you decide.

also look at the recommended feeding guidelines to try to work out how long a bag will last. Also, by feeding a really good food you will save on vet bills.

Cooper is 60lbs and eats 2 cups a day of Orijen - a 7kg bag ($38-$42) lasts her just over a month, and its the price of one decent dinner out for DH and I (or 3 bottles of wine!).... I say thats a sacrifice worth making if necessary

Parker is on the new grain free blue buffalo brand food...not super expensive but still a good brand. Some of those foods are like $60 for a 12lb bag and that is just a little too crazy for me!

Do you mean $60 for a 12 lb bag? $6 for a 12 lb bag would be the cheapest food I've ever heard of, lol.

Yah...I corrected that after I saw it said $6 with the zero missing! My keyboard is acting up...i have to jam the buttons otherwise I am missing numbers and letters!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service