DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Has anyone ever tried one for there dog? My puppy is very active and distracting when in the car. He like to jump on my lap while im driving, go under my feet, trys to look out the window but he is still too short. I have heard about dog car seats and booster seats, just wondering if anyone has ever tried one? and if they work??

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it's a very good idea to strap your dog into some safety device...either a harness that hooks up to the seatbelt or a booster seat if you have a mini doodle ... something that keeps them safe.

I'm STILL waiting for a back-ordered car harness from a company with LOUSY customer service but a GREAT product...it's been like 2 months...
I just bought 2 harnesses at dog.com for $10 total plus reasonable shipping. the harnesses look just like the ones I saw at the vet for $22 each. I think they were on sale when I bought them but still must be pretty reasonable. they work well and the dogs don't seem to mind them, even Luca who was used to not being restrained in the car.
Hi Adina,
I have been wanting to post this...did you order your seatbelt system from K-9 Outfitters for the Champion seat belt system? I thought I read that you had and I just have to tell you this. I called them about 3 weeks ago and not only did they modify the harness for me it was sent out the next day and I received it 2 days later!! I was SHOCKED because I had read about their lousy customer service but mine was ordered, customized and in my mailbox within the week! If it is the same company I just thought you might want to know. I am not trying to upset you. Im just trying to give you this info!
It is that seat belt system so I'll have to check...could be I used a crappy distributer.
They make harnesses that strap to the seatbelt?
Check out this harness: http://www.ruffrider.com/
Oh I might have to get that one Adina. Thx
Yes, we have one for Peri and she hates it! She chews the bottom, she chews the harness (sounds like the one that clips onto the seatbelt like Lucy and Sophie's mom said). Mine is this one: http://www.pet-super-store.com/html/zoom-dog-car-seat.html

I don't know if we can continue to use it! I may just be sticking her in the crate while we are in the car. Any suggestions for other ideas would be awesome....
We use a harness on Daisy all the time rather than hooking her leash to her collar.
When I put her in the backseat I loop the leash around the headrest with enough slack that she can lay on the seat or sit on the seat to see out the window.
I'm comfortable with this arrangement because it is a harness around her chest---not a collar aound he neck.
Although this is a little off topic.

There is nothing as cute as seeing a dog riding with their head out the window. But this is very dangerous. Debris can get in your dogs eyes and cause an abrasion or someting from the road can kick up and hurt your dog.
I got mine at PetCo/Smart - can't remember. The harness that get clipped with the seat belt. We use it DH car, a convertible. She hates both - the harness & the convertible; too bad!
I don't use one in my SUV, she usually lays right down for another nap but I probably should. If G-d forbid we got into an accident.....
I have a harness that has fake sheepskin as a cushion under the harness itself and it clips to the seat belt too. Seems to work fine. Its important to remember that if your dog is not harnessed and you have an accident, the dog becomes a giant mass flying around your car that can hurt you or your children as well as the dog. I once had a car accident and my 10 year old daughter had taken her seat belt off without my knowledge. We flipped the car, but it was a very slow flip and we were cradled by some shrubs on the side of the road. Nevertheless, my daughter tumbled around like clothes in a dryer. She was unhurt, but I will never forget the sight of her bouncing around.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service