DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Charley does not bark EVER, however she does howl to get my attention. I know she's not part hound! I'm curious just how common is this? Does your Doodle howl?

Views: 252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Luna howls when we come home after being out - I think we may have accidentally taught her to howl though by saying "rooroooo" to her when we come home and she's imitating :p  She also howls at close relatives (grandma and grandpa) and sometimes her doggy friends.  It's her favorite greeting :)

Owen howls; Kona doesn't. We love it! He is more vocal than Kona generally and has quite a repertoire of sounds. When he wakes in our DD's room he yodels to get out and go for a run with my DH. Too funny. The howling is mournful and pitiful and only happens rarely. 

Roo and Tigger bark, but they also howl in they are the company of my sons huskies or hear a siren.

No doodle howling at our house.

Meg is almost incapable of a bark...she really has to think it out to do it and I have never, ever heard a howl.  She does do a whuf noise when the neighbor walks her dane and pit bull past the house, and a whine in the car on occasion.

No howling from either of mine. Lucy is the barker. Oscar CRIES when we turn into the dog park parking lot. He loves it that much.

I have two howlers but they also bark.  The howling is done for fun.  We live two blocks for the fire station so hear sirens throughout the day.  The dogs always howl along with the sirens.  I like to join in too.  ;)

No howling and rarely a bark.  And when barking he usually only barks once, maybe twice.

When Hops sees/hears another dog nearby and he's not able to go play with the dog, he whines then howls. It's the cutest thing!

Bender howls when Zoe leaves without him.  It's a really sad howl tho and it breaks my heart.  He also howls when he's getting groomed (dryer).  It's weird because he doesn't do that when I dry him.

Gabby , a GD, HOWLS when she is happy and when she wants to play with another dog. She will also howl upon command. Dylan, our LD, can not(or does not) howl. We r trying to teach him to "sing" on command.

Both of my girls just learned how to howl at the same time. They were out on the fenced in deck and and started howling together and I had no idea what it was! It was too funny to go out and see them both howling away! Now they do it pretty often and It cracks me up every time. I love it.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service