DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Cagney was running in a field with a manhole covered by a grate in the middle of it... it was mostly covered with snow... he was running very fast when he stopped just in time so he did not go on top of it... he avoids all these covers at all times... does anyone else's Doodle do that too? Funny how they know not to go on them... not like they would fall through it but they don't know that ....

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Add Chewie to the list of "grate avoiders"... LOL.
Our Neely was very upset about these grates. The ones that are at the door entrances that hold wet slush not even deep but they think its 20 ft deep between the slates. We took a trip to quebec this summer and Neely had to go on several day trips including across foot bridges across canyon areas. Open metal grates of stairs also so he would just stop and no pulling or prodding would get him to move. He almost tripped me a few times going around the grates in the side walks or crossing the streets. He was definetely afraid of heights. But over the week he got more and more exsposure to them and we worked with him but the big turning point was when we were up in the mountain and the kids were out ahead and he doesn't like our family not to stick together while touring around so he gets upset and can't wait for all of us to get back together. He counts us in a group to make sure. He pokes us with his nose to see if we are all there. So at the one point the stairs were open slates and he would not cross at all. So the kids went ahead and so did I but he was so worried that we weren't coming back that when they started to come back he went down the stairs and got them. It was very hard for him as he slinked down them but after that experience the grates weren't as scary and aren't a problem. He even crossed the rope bridges with wooden slates but stayed on the one piece at all times. He over came that fear and it was a fear! We praised and encouraged and were so proud of him.
Thank you for sharing that... that was very interesting.... I can picture it all happening... Cagney also likes to keep us all together etc. and is he is afraid he will get over it just to be with us etc. just like Neely....love your story!
I had a golden retriever who did that. My doodle doesn't.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service