DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I love this harness, but sometimes I feel that the leash gets tangled with his legs since the leash hooks under his chest. I would be interested in one that might have the hook on his shoulders.

Any recommendations?

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Leslie! The problem with harnesses that hook on the shoulders is that if your dog is a puller, you're giving him more power to pull. I wonder if maybe you haven't adjusted the harness quite right--I haven't had a problem with Sadie getting tangled. (Or I didn't--she actually graduated from her Easy Walk a while ago).

Thanks Becka!
Just a thought...but you could switch the harness around. It will no longer deter him from pulling, but still act as a harness. I do this every once in awhile...as Enz doesn't pull all that much anymore. ( barring a child or dog crossing our path ;). )
That's a thought. I might try that. He doesn't really pull either unless we are walking in a crowd of people where he gets over stimulated.
I know a lot of people use the freedom walk harness and say that works great!
I'll check that one out. Thks

I'm using the Freedom No Pull harness with AnnaBelle and now Lucy as well.  It is made like the gentle leader harness with a clip in the front (but doesn't ride down as low) and also has a hook on the back for a leash.  You can clip the leash in either place or both places if you are training.  I'm like it much better than the GL Harness.

I agree with everyone else's comments about the Freedom No Pull Harness; it's wonderful for maintaining control while walking. I'm fortunate that the woman who designed and has the patent for it, has a store close to my home and I was able to speak directly with her about how to use it. You can use it attached to either both the back and front simultaneously, or the front alone. It is not designed to be used clipped to the back alone. I wasn't aware of this until we spoke in her shop.

His Leslie my trainer said you should only use a harness that hooks at the chest, that other harnesses can actually cause injuries to shoulders and neck, I don't use a harness so I don't know but good luck with whatever you choose.

We just bought harnesses that have a place to hook at the chest and between the shoulders. They are woking like magic with our giant pullers. It's called the Freedom No Pull Harness at 2houndsdesign.com

Thks Bonnie, I think I might give this a try

We use the Freedom No Pull, too. It's been great, and it has dramatically changed our walks. Lexi still pulls a little when a squirrel runs by or when we are almost at her favorite park, but I have so much more control with this than I had before! I like that the bottoms strap is soft and velvety. It doesn't rub the way her old Lupine harness did.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service