DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

How much poop does a doodle owner scoop when a doodle owner scoops for two?   All the talk about what it costs for feed our dogs for a month got me to thinking - how much poop am I picking up in a month.  It has seen a sharp rise in quantity since getting Stuart whose growth is in tandum with his increasingly larger poops.  Soooooo tomorrow I have decided that I am going to weigh the poo bags at the end of the evening to see just what is what.  It is obvious that I don't have enough to do but think about it, I'll be able to figure out how much poop that is a week, month and a year!  Very useful info don't ya think?  LOL

*******************************THE WEIGH IN******************************

I counted poops and weight over a two day time period to get an average.  Rooney poos 2/3 times a day - Stuart 3/4 times so on average I'll be picking up 2,190 bags of poop per year.  This has to be good exercise right?

The weight was .5 lbs per day (although this will go up as Stuart grows) so at the weight it will be 182.5 lbs in a year. 

So that is the stinky end of my quest to find out how much poop does a doole owner scoop.

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMD, Jane!  You never fail to amaze me with your posts.  I swear you are so creative with coming up with them.  I hate to tell you this, but this is a real crappy post.  I am so excited to hear the results!   LOL

Jane, I totally respect you and please don't take this wrong....but I have to ask....WHY?   Why would you put yourself through this unpleasant task? 

What do you do with all the poop?   At first, I was using plastic bags to pick them up but DH complained about the garbage smelling bad..... (That's why we call it garbage) So now I pick it up in a shovel thing and toss it into the woods.   I worry that someday, the dogs yard will be surrounded by a huge wall of poop.  Not pretty.  So fellow DKers, what do YOU do with all the poop?
I put mine in plastic bags into an uncovered plant container next to the garbage pail. Then I put it into the garbage bag from the house just before garbage pickup.
I have a separate covered trash can on the side of the garage, in a dog run area, and I put the bags in there until garbage day.
I pick up poo with poo bags, sometime even using two of them actually (if it has been a couple of days).  I hold one open and pick up with the other and drop into the open one.  I then tie it up nice and tight!  We have a sealed plastic kitty litter tub under the deck that we put a 13 gallon trash bag it.  I open the lid, drop it in and seal the top.  When it gets full, we tie up the plastic trash bag and put it out on a garbage day.  It doesn't smell!
This just CRAZY!!! I always how many poop bags we threw away in the garbage in the alley. I NEVER thought about weighing it. So...this is a must video so we can turn you in somewhere! Wait until Stuart is bigger than youwill have a real issue!! Keep us posted-I can't wait!!

Poop quantity for two dogs  is (somewhat) like children.  Two seems much more than 1+1 if that makes sense.!!!   I'm lol at the thoughts of weighing the stuff.  Only on DK!!!!....... eh?

In fact I think we should start a thread entitled ONLY ON DK COULD.......?

This is one of my favorite dog products ever...if you can do it at your house conveniently I highly recommend it:

We sold this a year or two ago to DK members at a discount, but we are not currently selling these.  You can google "Doggie Doo Drain" and buy it online.  If we're outside long enough with Natalie...she usually commands us to 'pick up poop' every day.  I think our yard is cleaner more often because she loves following us along as we pooper scoop. 

*******************************THE WEIGH IN******************************

I counted poops and weight over a two day time period to get an average.  Rooney poos 2/3 times a day - Stuart 3/4 times so on average I'll be picking up 2,190 bags of poop per year.  This has to be good exercise right?

The weight was .5 lbs per day (although this will go up as Stuart grows) so at the weight it will be 182.5 lbs in a year. 

So that is the stinky end of my quest to find out how much poop does a doole owner scoop.

I wonder how many calories you will burn picking up all those bags of poo?  Inquiring minds need to know.

If you are in need of Ivory soap let me know:)

Jane...You are full of s***!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service