DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We are going crazy with the poop eating at our house and it looks like Bella is now teaching Murphy to acquire a taste for this disgusting delicacy!  I have tried pineapple and pumpkin in her food, put red hot pepper right on the poop and have scolded for eating, rewarded for NOT eating and we pick it up asap now !  She STILL eats it, hot peppers and all.  She has the worst POTTY MOUTH you can imagine so I am brushing her teeth and whole mouth every time she gets into it. Now it's not only HER poop, but any poop she comes across on a walk or at the dog park. 

Please, there has to be someone who has a solution to this as it really just is nauseating to me. And I have a pretty tough stomach since I'm a RN. Help? Anyone???

Animal Communicator Extraordinaire!!!!

Being at wits end with Bella's potty mouth, I decided to take any suggestion made in earnest and started sending subliminal messages (along the lines of hot pepper, Bitter Lime and yelling "NO!!!" Okay, not so subliminal I know). Also thought about having a mental conversation with her like the Animal Communicators, so laying in bed with her next to me I "told" her to walk by the poop, to smell but not taste, to no longer have any desire to eat the poop".   I decided that this is probably rubbish but what the heck, I had nothing better to do at 2:00 AM.  So putting this to the test, I left hers and Murphy's poop down on the lawn and waited and watched.  She walked to it, sniffed, and walked away, not once, not twice but 3 times yesterday and again this morning. Does this mean she "heard" me? Does this mean the pumpkin is working? Does this mean I am crazy and believing in hokus- pokus?  Or am I the next Animal Communicator Extraordinaire?????

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know another member reported that the meat tenderizer didn't work.  But....it did for us!  What a relief!
How did you use it Bettie?
I sprinkled it on her food for about a year!  Anything she ate had accent on it!  For some reason it changes the taste of the poop...so if you have other dogs you have to sprinkle their food as well.  So this works as long as you have control of the food the dogs you are around!  Hope it works for you.  Our dog was in the house with another dog, so we had control.
I will try ANYTHING at this point. I just left my full time job as well so I will have plenty of time to dedicate to training Leave it, and out!   We just have our two so I have control of the foods. Thank you for getting back to me on this,
We once had the most adorable yellow lab puppy (Crosbey - RIP) and he started eating his poop soon after we got him home.  We too tried everything.  I was beyond sick over it and then one day he vomites - poop.  DISGUSTING!  It was all I could do not to vomit too.  We tried to pick it up right away but we wanted him to learn not to eat it.  We had this unbelievable hot sauce - most people couldn't eat it at all it was that hot.  So after trying kinder ways to cure the problem we decided to put it on the poop.  Crosbey took one bite - burned his little mouth badly and never tried to eat poop again.  It was a last resort because that stuff was 1,000 times hotter than regular hot sauce.  Hell's Inferno I think it was called. 
Which one did you use Greg? Or are they all the same?  Wonder what made her cry? I am being very diligent with watching her and making sure she "Leaves it" now that I have time to be with her all day. I feel that if I keep picking it up that I'm not training her to leave it alone nor am I eliminating the habit when she is away from home and finds poop. I am going to try the hot sauce next and then go the the big guns if that doesn't work. This has just got to stop!!! Thanks for the advice.
Just checked again and she still isn't eating the poop. Who knew this could work???
Sue! Woo Hoo!!  This is the BEST news!! For whatever reason let's hope it LASTS!!!  I still think you have some untapped psychic talent. But the question is does it only work for poop issues? I was going to ask if I could book a session for Tara but she is fine in the poop area.
Let me try paper eating tonight and see what happens and then we can take a look at Tara;s issues. And what might they be? I can experiment on my Bella-Bee. Yes, DH is definitely going to commit me now!!
You are Communicator Extraordinaire!!!! Good for you!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service