DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I came home from a long run this morning to find my husband playing with Darwin in the front yard.  So I scooped him up and took a picture since I realized I don't have one with him yet.  Doesn't he just have the cutest face in the world?  Of course, i'm sure we all think that about our pups.

So far he's been a great pup.  Still cries in his crate, but stops quickly and goes to sleep.  He's only had one accident and it was my fault for thinking I had time to get my shoes on before taking him out.  He goes right away once we get outside so that makes potty training pretty easy.

I bought some training treats and started working on "leave it" and "sit", he's really young so I don't know how much he will learn right away, but he seems to sit almost naturally.  I may enroll in a puppy class, but I think we can do a lot of training ourselves.

The only weird thing he does is walk sideways randomly.  I talked to the vet about it and she explained that it's normal for young pups to do this until they develop more muscle coordination.  I don't have much experience with very young dogs so I'll trust her advice.  He so far has a clean bill of health and I hope to keep it that way!

Views: 285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awww.....nothing quite like "Puppy Love"!!!   He IS darling!

He is just oo cute. How much fun for you.

Oh my heck, SUCH an adorable face.

He looks like he might make a real cute running partners in a year or so! Very cute!

What a cutie pie :)   Puppies do strange things then grow out of it.  You still might want to enrol him in a puppy training class just for the socialization which is sooooo important.  Good luck with your new puppy !

Awww - how cute!  Your Darwin reminds me of my Stuart when Stuart was a baby.  Then he grew up - lol!

What a cutie!!  And he smiles for the camera - awesome!

Just FYI, many doodles have a definite swing to their stride.  When my Webster was a young adult (he's the ancient age of 3 now-lol!) I posted on DK about how he walked.  The dog walks like he is Marilyn Monroe - his hips swing, sway, and swagger with every step.  I was worried about hip dysplasia.  Turns out, many doodles share this swing.  Maybe Darwin has started the "doodle swing" early and his front half is following his back end rather than the back following the front!

Omg so adorable!!!! I feel the same way about my doodle Harli - she is a part of our family!! Training classes were really good for Harli. Doodlles are super smart and classes would be good for Darwin. Enjoy that adorable puppy!! :)

He is a sweetie.He will learn very quickly at the moment.He is just like a sponge and wants to please you.Hug him lots.

Stephanie, 

Looking at his little laughing face, he is just the cutest puppy.

Yes, he has the most adorable face - he looks like he is smilling.  I think the name Darwin really fits him.  I agree with Ginny on the classes though - I think you will  be gad you did in the long run.  Looking forward to seeing more photos of Darwin!  Smilies

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service