DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi all,

I'm SO excited! The litter from which I'll choose my puppy was born in the early hours this morning! I have first pick among a litter of all deep red & apricot F1B's! And this time I WILL NOT be passing again because I am in a great pet friendly apt (hardwood floors!) It's been almost 2 years since I sent a deposit in, but have had to keep passing due to my housing. It's been a long time coming..

Coincidentally, my breeder emailed me yesterday saying she hoped the full moon last night would help Mom along and Dad's name is Copernius after the astronomer!

Now, I'm wondering if I should go kitsch and name the pup after a constellation (OR is that too cheesy?)Pluto, perhaps?

Here comes the hardest part--waiting until mid November to pick up!

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations. I love the name Pluto.

Such exciting news...so happy for you...the old adage stands true..."Good things come to those that wait"...you have done your waiting and soon(and it does go quickly) you will have a beautiful new puppy to bring home.  Take lots of pictures as we'd love to see them...Congratulations Jess!

Congratulations! November will be here before you know it =)

Congratulations! I think Pluto is a great name!!! 

That's awesome.  It HAS been a long time for you to wait.  I like Pluto too :-)

Congrats! I bet you are so excited!
I love the name Pluto, too. There is a cartoon dog named Pluto from the late 50's. I'm trying to remember the cartoon. I know someone else here will know it.
Mickey Mouse's dog was Pluto, probably he still is : )

Awesome! This has been a long time coming! There are lots of fun names having to do with astronomy--like Jupiter! Pluto is cute too and I remember all those Pluto cartoons from childhood--he was pretty dumb though! Good luck with your new pup!

Yes all, I'm very excited! I hope November comes quickly!! I have 2 male names & 1 female name, I think I'll go with them. None of the astronomy, constellation names are really speaking to me. It is cool that the birth seemed to be aligned in the stars though!

I'm trying to save up gift cards I have so I don't spend a lot of my own money on the basic dog things--I've been using Tellwut to rack up Amazon gift cards--hopefully I can keep earning more until November instead if having the urge to spend them!
What are your other name choices? Do you have a preference of a male or femle or are you going to wait and see which one speaks to you? Sorry for so many questions, but it is so exciting to know your puppy is really here now after all your waiting.
I'm thinking I want a male. First pick is exciting, but nerve wracking! I have both Stewart & Francis picked out.

Stewart is my mother's maiden name, we're part of Scottish & it sounds like a good name for a little redhead dog! It also means household guardian, which is fitting becuase I live alone & he'd be "man of the house"!

Francis because I love books--from F. Scott Fitzgerald, Francis Hodgson Burnett, Franny & Zooey, etc. I work in a research job on clinical trials & the man who first thought the scientific method should be used was "Sir Francis Bacon", it combines my intelligent side & my love of cooking/baking. I just think it's too cute for words!

My mom thinks I need 2 dogs so I can use both names because picking will be hard!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service