DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

One word for you - Winter. Blah!

I'm tired of the winter boots and cold toes and soggy mittens, 30 layers of clothing, taking 20 minutes to get me and the doodles geared up for a simple walk, and cleaning up after wet doodles and standing in the dog park throwing a ball when it's -20 and going out for a potty break at 11pm when it's -25 and I was already in my pajamas, and scraping ice off my car and traipsing through big dirty slushy puddles and picking up poop in the snow and all of it. One day it's -25 and everything turns to ice and the next it's -4 and everything turns to slush. I just had to remove my gloves and use them to clean off the salt that was burning Winston's feet and making him refuse to walk. I actually put my gloves on his feet like boots so that we can make it the rest of the way home. I thought I was going to get frost bite.

I've had it! It's time to cash in those vacation days and head south!

During the winter months I get SAD. No, not the emotion, the disorder. Seasonal Affective Disorder. It's real, I promise you. And thanks to the cold weather and lack of sunlight, I am one unhappy chick right now. All the vitamin D in the world isn't going to snap me outta this winter funk.

I don't have much money, but unless someone can tell me of a really good, but really cheap, doggie friendly vacation spot down south where I can drive my doodles to, then I might just have to splurge on a week in Cuba. All I know is that I need to get out of this cold dark icy, then slushy, then icy again, dreary city and all the stupid frustrating rigamorale that goes with winter and soak up some sunshine!

BLAH! ok, rant over. seriously, any suggestions for doodle friendly vacation spots down south?

**** And another thing! How's a girl supposed to snag a guy when she looks like this?

Views: 691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am NEVER going to complain again:) It's been 34 degrees in Northern California in the nights and mornings and I'm freezing!!! I officially count my blessings.

Come visit us. 34 degrees is like beach weather compared to your temps:) -25, -45 windchill....nuh uh!!!!

I am looking forward to Sunday when it warms up to -5 !

Northern California sounds like a dream come true. I wish it were on the other side of the country.

" How's a girl supposed to snag a guy when she looks like this?"

That's what the doodles are for! They snag the guys, you just reel them in!

Seriously, instead of a vacation, get yourself one of those special sunlamps that supposedly help SAD, get Winston a pair of boots, and save the rest of your $ for a house with a garage and a fenced yard. Then you don't have to scrape anything off your car in the a.m., you can be in your PJs and just open the back door at night for the dogs, they can exercise themselves playing together in the yard while you watch from the window sipping cocoa, the poop doesn't have to be picked up immediately if it's below zero, etc. Problems solved!

you are so right Karen. This is exactly what I was talking about with my chiropractor today. She reminded me to keep my eyes on the prize. Every penny I spend needlessly keeps me further away from getting that backyard for the doodles. 8-10 more weeks. I can do this!

I once met someone who refused to let winter "own her". She said she would just march outside and walk to work with the attitude that she was in charge of stupid winter.

So that's it - Listen here Winter - I OWN YOU! You will not drive me to warmer climats and deprive my doodles of a backyard.

I am totally with you on the hating winter mentality. My husband is about to accept a new job and we will be moving to a suburb of Atlanta, GA this summer. I am counting the days of my last winter in Northern Michigan! I can't offer much vacation relief for you this year, but I'll extend the first invitation for next year.

thanks Jennifer! that is going to be a big change!

Sherri, you are more than welcome to drive to Az. And stay with us, In the winter though. A Canadian doodle and mommy would just melt in our summers. Unfortunately it's probably about a 40 hr drive for you. But if you ever find yourself needing to see the Grand Canyon or hike beautiful mountains or go to a great Doodle Romp, you are certainly welcome. I can just see Sophie, Winston, Bella and Murphy all running around our big back yard and jumping in (and right back out ) of the pool. No we don't swim here in the winter. It stays around 30's at night and highs in 60's most days.

Awe, thanks Sue. If I ever find myself with enough vacation time and th urge to drive arond the continent I will definitely hit you up for a few days! That would be fun!

Well you would only want a man who would love your doodles. Any man that sees how much you love yours by being such a awesome doodlemom, braving the cold to keep her doodles happy, will surely be attracted!!!!!

Awe, thanks Rose Ann! I hope that is true. My friend is setting me up with someone so he better like dogs or else I`m calling the whole thing off! Must Love Doodles!

As promised--A Banana

Thinking of you today but I really must get going as a  walk was promised and he is holding me to it

Notice--that is dog slobber on the mirror.  But just to make you feel better--I had to s hare the boots

Spud really wanted to say hi in that last blurry photo.  So it was included.  WE will talk about you on our walk

cutie Spud and good mama, Joanne.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service