DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Do you let your doodle(s) on the couch or other furniture. Rosey and Bandit can get on the couch and the bed.  I love snuggling on the couch and in bed with them.  What are your doodle's rules?

Views: 287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both of our doods are allowed on the furniture, matter of fact they've taken over the love seat and can usually be found there butt to butt.  This is how I could tell they got along well enough to be brothers.  Good thing we have a couch too or we'd be on the floor! 
I love this picture!! Butt to butt!!  LOL!
Too cute! Butt to butt doodles :-)
We solved the couch problem by going to an auction and buying the dogs their own couch.  We put it in front of the picture window, so they can watch squirrels, to their hearts' content. they know that that is their fruntiure and they never try to get on the other couches.

The dogs used to sleep on our bed, but with 3, it got to be a little too much with 2 adults and over 200 lbs of doodle and Poodle, so we now close our bedroom door and they sleep on their dog beds or dog couch.

I agree with Adina, I think our dogs are the dirtiest ever!  Fifteen minutes after bathing and grooming, Seamus has leaves and mud velcroed to his coat (even if he hasn't been outwside and I vacuum and mop daily), Caeleach and CJ get muddy paws but they stay much cleaner than the Poodle.
HA! LOL! I remember when we first got Harley.  We were so adamant about "the dog(s) will never be allowed to sleep with us or on the furniture"....It worked at first because he was too little to get up on the high bed and slept in his crate.  However, I remember vividly the first time I was in the bedroom and heard a thump behind me, only to find Harley sitting in the middle of the bed with a look of surprise and pride on his face!  Now we have Harley (65 lbs) and his step-sister Serenber, an Irish Jack (15 lbs) and they both sleep with us in a Queen size bed, along with their brother cat.  Thankfully, Harley is an end of the bed sleeper and Serenbe is a sausage snuggler (between us) and DJ the cat sleeps on my hip.  And yes, they all (3 cats total) have free reign of the furniture.  Yes, there is a lot of hair and dirt going on, but I have adjusted and just let it go.  Sure, I wish my house was fur free and cleaner, but what the heck.  This winter has been tough due to two snow storms piling a total of 6 feet of snow outside.  I just lay towels by the door and forget the rest.  Harley and Serenbe both love the snow, so unless I want to go stand and freeze with them on leash, they do get distracted while out for their doody and end up being giant snow dogs.  It's hard to be made though cause it is so ridiculously fun to watch.
Attachments:
There's something so welcoming about a bed full of furkids.  I love that the dogs and cats will share the bed.  Too cute!  That's a great photo.  You'll always remember that tangle of sweeties, but you won't remember whether you dusted or mopped that day, or that week.  :)
Ya know Daisy does not smell like a dog - I am really surprised when some of you say their dogs stink. One of the best things about Daisy is she smells good - except after going to BowWow beach....well at first anyway, now we bathe her their in the provided showers. She gets a bath like every 8-10 weeks, seriously she really has a nice smell.

Doesn't kiss and doesn't smell... do you think they are connected?

I was told I spoiled her with too many kisses when she was little and now she is a Miss Pris....maybe that would be a good way to describe her. If not smelling like a dog is connected I will just keep stealing her kisses. Ha

I love that Banjo doesn't have a doggie smell.   DH and I think he smells like  a stuffed animal.   A nice warm smell!

How often do Banjo and Daisy get bathed? Maybe that is the veriable?

Banjo showers about every 10 - 12 weeks....not because he's smelling or looking bad...usually because he's gotten into something.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service