DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

For me, although DK is a really fun place to come and just yack about our Doodles and make some great caring friends, the main purpose I like to think is for EDUCATION.  Because I'm so passionate about this issue I feel that it cannot be addressed enough!  As we continually get new members I always want to be sure this issue is readdressed!  If you do not have Pet Insurance, please stop now and get some.  Just in the last week we had 3 more doodles whose parents did not get insurance that were facing huge medical bills they had no way to pay.  So, this morning when I was on Pet Plan checking on the status of my pending claims I wrote down some numbers that I wanted to share with those of you who do not have insurance ... Please don't wait!  (These are the amounts Pet Plan paid after deductibles and owners responsibilities.

$4952 for Splenic Tumors

$4155 for Cruciate Ligament Repair (CCL Surgery)

$3102 for Vomiting & Diarrhea

$2644 for CCL Repair

$1896 CCL Repair

$1858 for Intervertebral Disc Disease

$969 Anemia

$928 for Dermatitis

$1384 for Foreign Body Ingestion

$1859 Mass

$670  for Conditions related to vomiting

$5689 for Hip Displaysia

$528 for Inflammatory Bowel Disease

$865 Growths

$3152 for Foreign Body Ingestion

$1893 for Inflammatory Bowel Disease

$3000 for Inflammatory Disc Disease

$1496 for Foreign Body Ingesiton

$3936 for Gastric Torsion (Bloat)

Do you have this kind of money laying around just looking for somewhere to spend it.  If you spent this much money today, could you turn around and do it again tomorrow when something else happens?  Yes, some people get really lucky and never have to lay out these types of expenses ... but can you take that chance ... do you wanna roll the dice!  It really is not all that expensive.  You don't need insurance to cover those regular exams and shots.  You knew when you got a dog you were going to have those expenses.  You need insurance for the big things, the unexpected things!  It can be a little overwhelming when you start looking at the different plans, but it is really important that you stick with it and get some insurance NOW!  I was so relieved the day I finally hit the send button and put those policies in place for my girls.  I prayed I'd never have to use them, but knowing they were there if I needed them was a huge relief. 

If you have questions, just search "PET INSURANCE" here on doodle kisses and you will find so many discussions that answer many questions.  If you can't find your answer I will be happy to TRY and address your questions!

Views: 457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe I can help put those insurance payments in perspective for you. 

JD's probiotic supplement- just his probiotics- cost me $624 a year. 

That insurance hopefully looks like a bargain, huh? 

Y

I am almost done paying for my last child's college education and will finally have enough pennies around to insure all three of the dogs---it is so hard to afford three policies -- I couldn't do it until now--so I am hoping to get that going soon! Thanks for the reminder!

Amen.  I don't like paying the annual bill, but I feel such a sense of peace that I know I can deal with any issues that may arise.  The peace of mind is priceless!  My doodles will be well cared for!  Don't get a pet if you can't afford to pay for the medical expenses or get insurance for them!  They deserve it!

We took out a policy on Fazz in late December and the first weekend of Feb he wound up in the ER/Hospital for a couple of nights....he's just fine, but having that policy was a "credit card saver"!!  It's paid for itself a few times already in the first few months.  We have PetPlan, $100 ded/90% and it's about $28/mo for our 9 month old doodle.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service