DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

If anyone has a Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow plant pull it up right away. Jax ate some of the berries and is very sick. He is in the ICU for 2-7 days. This plant is a very potent neurotoxin. Within 4 hours of eating this plant, Jax was very unsteady on his feet, was panting heavily and shaking his head every few seconds. He couldn't walk a straight line. His spine became curved and his back legs wouldn't work properly. Hopefully Jax will recover and have no lasting ill effects - however, the vet couldn't guarantee anything. Just wanted to let everyone know in case they had this plant in their yard.

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my I am so sorry to hear this.  Prayers for Jax and your family!
My thoughts are with you Holly, I hope Jax will be ok.

I'm so sorry; I hope Jax will be okay.

For those unfamiliar with the Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow plant, its scientific name is Brunfelsia, and it is in the Nightshade family. The berries are known to be highly toxic to dogs.

http://www.floridata.com/ref/b/brun_pau.cfm

Karen - Thanks for the link. 

Holly - sending positive thoughts your way...

Thanks for the info, I had no clue what it looked like.
Fingers and paws crossed that Jax is ok
Good grief - I have two in the backyard.  They are coming out tomorrow.  Prayers and love to Jax.
Thank goodness you can remove them before anything happens!
Holly, sending positive thought your way.
Sending our prayers to Jax and to you!!!!  This is very scary stuff - I've never hear of this plant but I have heard of Nightshade.  I'm not sure if it grows down here but I will be checking.  Keep us posted!
I am going to Google this plant to see what it looks like or if it has other "names".  Stay strong Jax!!
How frightening.  Thanks for sharing your story, and I'll be praying that Jax is back to normal quickly.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service