DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Standard Goldendoodle F1 B puppy, apricot coat - Changing the puppy's coat - Any predictions?

Ambi is a Standard Goldendoodle F1 B, born November 3, 2018.

His mom is a Standard Goldendoodle F1, apricot, wavy coat, 66 lbs. His father is a Standard Poodle, red coat, 60 lbs.

At the age of 6.5 months, his weight was 54 lbs.

When I took him, he was the largest of the three males in the litter. One of the males was dark red in the first few weeks, but then he became brighter. At the time of tooking, this dark male was even darker than my chosen one, but it was no so big difference between them in color than before. The breeder told me that my chosen one, as opposed to the other, was constantly becoming darker. As I read on various websites in most cases when puppies grow, they become brighter. ? Also now It seems that he will become more darker apricot, because the lower parts of the coat is darker, on the larger part of the body. On the face he does not have darker coat near the skin, so now it looks like the face will be brighter. ?

Do you think that this trend can turn, will be possible that his coat start becoming brighter when changing the coat?

I also wonder whether he will have as an adult wavy or curly coat. He has a lot of curls around her neck. Supposedly can the coat also be combined, on one part of the body wavy and on the other curly?

Can you predict anything about the color, texture and type of the coat or adult weight?

Did anyone have a puppy at that age who looked like Ambi, about the color or texture and type of the coat and if you can attach photos?

I attach photos (some do not show the right color due to inappropriate illumination).

6 or 7 weeks:

9 weeks:

10 weeks:

11 weeks:

3 months:

4 months:

4,5 months:

almost 6 months:

almost 6 months:

6,5 months:

6,5 months:

Views: 767

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely wavy coat, but I wouldn't guess on the color.  That last picture looks lighter.  He's adorable.  

He looks so much like my friend's goldendoodle, Clooney.  I will tag her to show you some photos.  Some golden retrievers darken with age, perhaps your guy has that trait from his parents.  My goldendoodle has darkened.  He always had reddish both as an undercoat and for his ears and tail.  His ears totally lost their reddish but his tail is still dark apricot. His face is still creamy but his body is definitely an apricot.  You really can't ever tell for sure.  Your pup is adorable.  Here is a picture of my friend's Clooney.

Clooney currently. But I clipped him pretty short. He seems to change between getting darker,  then lighter. He'll be 3 June 30th. 

And and with indoor lighting. 

After browsing on the web, my opinion about the texture is that he is a fleece and not a wool. But I do not know if at changing to the final coat a puppy always becoming more curly / more wavy or maybe becoming less curly / less wavy. Around the neck, on elbows and at the beginning of the tail, he has now more tight curls.The last photo is very bright, but I attached it because the coat is well seen.

Nancy, Ned,..., looks like my Ambi is such a color as your Clooney and he's also similar to him. You have a very nice friend. ;) Can you attach a photo when he was younger? How old is your Clooney, is F1B, F1, ...? I also forgot to write about his ears - unlike other areas, the undercoat is brighter there but still dark apricot, as if the color of the coat will be equal on the larger part of the body, so that the ears will not be darker.

The photo I posted IS also Clooney before his shorter cut.

Clooney at 8 weeks. 

Thank you. Your Clooney is very nice. Also they both have beautiful great nose. I think that yours have a little longer ears, I like it. How old is your Clooney and what generation of Goldendoodle is he?

He immediately came to my heart and there was no dilemma at all when I chosed between all three males. It seemed to me that between them he has the most of Golden Retriever character. He immediately searched for the proximity of strangers if this could have been the sign of a young puppy (9 weeks). ? It's important that he is a good and friendly guy. For now, the only problem is that he constantly pulling and I can not deter it from this. So walking up the hill is so simple. ;)

Ambi is very cute as well! Hope to see you guys at our romps. 

Romps - what is it?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service