DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I tried so hard to keep the matting at bay-but failed pretty miserably.  With the trip and all the hubbub for the move, Quincy's grooming really got behind, but the mats did not.  So, we bit the bullet and brought him in for a cut.  The groomer was willing to keep him long and cut out the mats, but he would have been uneven.  We opted for an all over, and here is the result.  

He is all legs!  No wonder he runs so fast!  I still like my shaggy boy, but I am resigned that this was a necessary step for the summer and to get all that matting out.  sigh. 

Views: 755

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a cutie right there! It may just be me but I am not a fan of the bridge of the nose looking like its shaved. I like when there is some hair there but I think I'm in the minority.

He has stayed so dark.  Looks gorgeous! 

Amazing how different he looks w/ a shave! Still super cute.

Quincy looks gorgeous.

Besides, he will be more comfortable for summer!  Does he like swimming?  If so, these summer cuts are the best, for you and for him.

He looks adorable! Darwin is also enjoying his summer do

I love him.. Bailey got her summer cut today and is super soft.. Will post pictures when she wakes from her nap LOL 

Awww-He's gorgeous! My Sophie is all legs and also runs super fast! I love it when her hair is shaggy but it's a lot to maintain. She too had to be cut short and looks more like a poodle.

thanks for the nice comments!  I am getting used to it, and he does look healthier.  I just read about matting and did not realize that it can be so uncomfortable for them.  I am sure he will be more comfortable heat wise now for the summer and for sure, as many of you said, when he goes swimming.  

he has a small red area from the sani shave - he was licking at it when we got back.  I put some bacitracin on it and he is sleeping now so I hope it will heal up fast.  

Lucy use to ALWAYS be irritated by the sanitary shave on her bottom and girl parts. Now, I specify she only be scissor cut in those areas. She's not had a problem since.

I'm sure he's more comfortable now and he looks great.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service