DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I really cannot believe that I am in custody of this prestigious award – my dh is questioning my sanity but I mean it when I say that it is a real honor to be added to the list of HDA winners.  It all started, this addiction, back on August 27, 2010 (11 short months ago).   Rooney had been born 10 days earlier and I was internet browsing, looking for doodle info, I came across DK by accident and have never left.   It started off innocently enough, an hour here or there – at first just lurking and reading, watching, figuring out the key players and learning a ton.  Once on that slippery slope my DK time went to multiple hour long sessions, asking questions, starting to make comments – it wasn’t long before I could spend the better part of the day here, posting baby Rooney photos, making friends, wishing people happy b-day.  Once Rooney came home I loved you all for loving him, thinking he was cute & special as much as I did!  There have been more laughs than I can count, some tears, a disagreement or two but always advice, acceptance, support & love.   Each of you has inspired me in so many different ways.  I learned the joy of unconditional love from reading the rescue stories and then I was blessed with my darling baby Stuart. 

I received the box this weekend from Belinda in Richmond, VA.  There were some awesome goodies along with that famous trophy and the HDA journal.  I’ll fess up that I sat with a glass of wine and read every page in that journal, with tears in my eyes – I was moved by the love of doodles shared by all these different people from places near and far.

Thank you Belinda for our Greater Richmond Area Doodle bandannas & Crunchy Treats w/Berries for both the boys, some Virginia Diner Gourmet Salted Peanuts, a Virginia is for lover’s magnet & bumper sticker and my favorite gift – a flashlight that is absolutely the perfect size for taking the boys out after dark!

Without DK; my house would be cleaner, my butt would be thinner, there would be less wine drinking, my golf game would be better, my tan would be deeper, there would be gourmet cooked dinners, (possibly more sex but don’t let on to dh) and more hours to sleep but there would also be a huge hole in my heart that DK has filled.   Thank you all.  So continue to watch to see – who will become the next Hopeless Doodle Addict Award Winner!!!!!!  But not too fast - I want to savor the moment!

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats Jane!!!! So happy for the 3 of you! I think all our houses would be cleaner without DK!!!
Congratulations Jane. Your boys are the cutest ever!!
Congratulations, Jane!  You're a well deserved addict!  That picture of Rooney is just adorable!  I will say when I got Bexter I was only interested in the red or cream colored doodles.  Seeing Rooney for the first time on DK...I can honestly say that I now love ALL colors of doodles and appreciate all of them for their unique differences.

Wow I can't believe it's been almost a year for you, I had just joined a month before and remember the first day I saw you post and the very first time I saw Rooney (the cutest new doodle at the time).

It's a joy to get to know you and all our DK friends. I am in line for that doodle trophy Jane but you savor the moment...you deserve it.

Oh and the red bandanas are to die for....perfect color for both your boys!

Congratulations.

many congrats & welcome to club!

Thank you all so much for the congrats, etc. - means the world to me.  I can tell you that it is all of you that makes DK so fun for me.  I feel like if we were to meet in person that we would be instant friends, not something that I easily give into. So thanks to you all again.  Now for those on the HDA waiting list.  That list is fluid so it is not always easy to tell who is next.  So we'll just have to wait and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Congratulations on becoming a member of the HDA club. 

Congratulations Jane...on an honor well deserved!!

I love your pics of Rooney and Stuart...

They are such beautiful Doodles...and are blessed to be in your life...as I know you are to have them in yours!

Savor the moment...you deserve it...

Congratulations Jane!  Rooney and Stuart are adorable in their bandanas and look very proud of their Mommy.

To my wonderful friend Jane!  Congratulations!  You rose to HDA like the star you are.  I have loved your posts, your blogs and most of all, your friendship.  You are quick to friend and have become quick to forgive...I admire that about you.  Rooney is my second favorite Doodle...and I couldn't ask for a more handsome future son-in-law than Rooney.  He new 'little' brother is adorable, and we welcome him into our family, too.

A cleaner house, skinner butt, less wine drinking, better golf, deeper tan, gourmet cooked dinners, sleep and more sex are the sacrifices one has to make in order to become a HDA!

You are just glowing in that picture, with Rooney is looking at the trophy longingly and Stuart ready to flee!  Enjoy and savor, my friend!

Welcome to the club and Congrats to you! Glad you enjoyed the prizes....but the best prizes are still the doodles for sure!
YAY! JANE!!!  Congratualtions!  You deserve it!  Loved reading about the adventures of Rooney since you joined!  and now we have Stuart too!  Enjoy!!! Love the pictures!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service