DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So I dropped Duncan at the vet this morning where he will have an ultrasound to see his heart and assess his murmur. He was trembling. My last sight of him was the rear view with tail between his legs as the dr carried him to the back. Sigh!!! This is probably more of a blog and less of a discussion but I am not sure how to do that from my phone:)
Duncan never trembles. Only at the vet. My poor dood. Can't wait to squish his doodliciousness when I pick him up. 

UPDATE!!!!!!
Duncan literally pulled my vet off his feet when he saw me. The leash could not keep him away another second. He's home and sleeping and already over the whole ordeal.

So the ultrasound showed nothing too worrisome. there IS some mitral regurgitation that he grades at 2 because he can "hear it from both sides". We'll continue to do an ultrasound every 12 months and he'll listen at every appointment in between for any signs that it is getting louder. So for now nothing more needs to be done. I'm hoping it stays this way forever. Thank you all so much for worrying with me and reassuring me too.

Duncan is happy and now so is his momma.

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks everyone. i added an update in the original discussion. :)
Great news that the ultrasound shows nothing too bad. Lets hope that this is just something that continues on as is. I have a fused valve - instead of three little flaps I only have two. Dr's keep a close eye on it but tell me that with healthy living, I might never need valve replacement. Lets pray that that is the case with Duncan.
I'm so thankful that the the doctor didn't find anything that was too worriome Sally...and that Duncan is back home with you...safe and sound!
We'll continue to keep Duncan in our prayers!!
Don't forget to let him know that Sasha sends him Lots of Doodle Hugs...
Whoohoo, yay for you both. I hate worrying about our wonderful companions....they are so pitiful when they are sick/scared/nervous....
I got in this discussion a little late so Duncan is now home and happy being right where he should be!!! I'm glad everything went well. These Doodles are our children!!! hugs and pats
AWWWW. Poor baby. It is hard to watch them go off by themselves with the Vet. I often wonder why owners can't just stay with them. Hospitals allow patients and family members to stay together during proceedures in the ER, father's watch Cesarean sections, etc...what's the big deal? I know I can get Murphy to do better during an exam when the Vet asks me to help hold him. He's had some painful ear infections and unpleasant exams, so when he is acting really insecure I ask to stay with him and give him commands like there is nothing new going on and he seems to do better. But every Vet and every situation is different I know and I am sure there are many good reasons they don't allow us to stay.

So glad Duncan is home and it's nothing serious. keep us posted.
Sally,
I am hoping it stays that way forever, too. Did the Vet have any information to share about why the valve was not closing completely? It must have been so difficult to leave Duncan there and drive away. I am not sure I could do it!! I am so nuts I probably would have sat in the parking lot all day.
So glad to hear that things are stable for Duncan. It is so frightening waiting for results...Just glad he is ok....Higs to voth of you..
This is such wonderful news. Thanks for the update....sending lots and lots of "Doodle love" his way.
In humans, mitral regurgitation is very common. I've had it for years on end. Usually it is not a big problem.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service