DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

After 11-1/2 years we had to say goodbye to our precious girl Dakota. She was with us constantly from just over 9 weeks until September 6. Thankfully, we had a little warning that she had a very fast growing tumor around her vena cava vein (which returns blood to the heart), so we were able to spend several wonderful last days just loving every moment with her until she was just too tired and almost unable to eat and drink on her own.

We put together a tribute for her here: dakotadoodle.com with a short slideshow of her through the years.

Although we didn't post much on this forum, it was always a great reference especially the food and travel groups. Thanks to all for your participation and sharing.

Greg & Sue

Views: 480

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so very sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl and I can see that she knew how much she was loved. Hugs to you and your family. 

I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful Dakota. It sounds like she had a wonderful life.

Hugs to Dakota's you and your family. It is so sad to lose a beloved dog. Remember that Dakota has a piece of your heart with her and you have a piece of hers in your heart.  So really you will always be connected. 

So very sorry to hear this sad news. It is never easy to lose such a precious family member and I am sure you are missing her every minute. HUGS!

What a beautiful tribute for Dakota, obviously she was packed with personality.  So sorry for your loss.

Such a beautiful girl.  So sorry for your loss.  Loving them enough to let them go is the greatest gift we can give them.  May all your wonderful memories help your heart heal.

I'm very sorry for your loss of sweet Dakota. What a beautiful tribute to a gorgeous girl.

I'm so sorry for your loss, you are in our prayers..

So sorry for your loss. A beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl.

It is heartbreaking to lose a lifelong companion.  It is the hardest part of pet ownership.  The same thing happened to me in July. There really wasn't that much warning and I had a really difficult time.  We lost our rescue to Osteosarcoma.  I keep my dog's videos and past photos on my phone so she is always close by when I miss her. Dakota is beautiful.

So very sorry for your families loss. Dakota was a lucky girl to have picked you as her family.
Hugs!
So very sorry for your loss. May your beautiful Dakota rest in peace.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service