DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Yesterday it seemed like Jax was getting better, however, overnight he started having seizures.  The vet said that he is on Valium and will stay in the ICU on IV therapy until these symptoms go away.  He said this plant (Yesteday, Today Tomorrow) is a strichine based neurotoxin and is very nasty.  Poor Jax.  They don't want visitors as the excitment tends to make the neurological symptoms worse.  I wonder what he thinks happened to all his people....

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope, hope, hope that Jax has a full recovery. Our thoughtsare with him. Poor boy...I'm sure he knows you're there for him even if you can't visit him right now.

I've been out of touch on DK since Benji's attack - I am so sorry to hear about Jax!  Hopefully you will be able to visit him soon, it is amazing how perked up they get when family is nearby.  Our thoughts are with you and all twelve doodle paws at our house are crossed for Jax.
OMG, how horible for you, and Jax.  I wasn't familiar with this plant, but was looking forward to updating our plants/shrubs this spring.  Even though our doodles don't go out front off the leash, I wouldn't want anyone else's pooch who might have slipped free to have any contact with something so toxic.  Is Jax expected to make a full recovery once it's out of his system?  How is your other doodle doing with Jax being MIA?
I am so sorry that Jax is still struggling!  I'm sure that you are missing him terribly.  Even though he would love to see you, he is probably very sleepy on valium and so too groggy to be lonely.  Sending him lots of get well wishes!
I'm so sorry he's still having trouble. Hang in there, Jax! Feel better soon.
I am so sorry and will pray for Jax' full recovery.
I have one of these plants in my front yard!  I love it's changes.  My doggies don't play in that area, but now that I am aware of its toxins, I will make sure they don't go anywhere near it.
We are so praying that Jax starts getting better soon!  I almost lost my dear kitty to poison once and it was so very scary.  Take comfort in the fact that he is getting wonderful care.  Thinking of you. 
So sorry this happened. Prayers for you and Jax.
Holly - I am SO sorry - sometimes there is a little set back before the road to recovery can take place....Nicky's experience seems to brighten things up.  I am praying for poor Jax and your family!  I hope it's comforting to know - there are many of us here for you!

I'm sorry to hear this news! We will continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.It sounds like he is in good hands with your vets.  Please let us know how he is doing when you are able.

Oh stay strong poor Jax.  This must be terrible to go through Holly.  Make sure you get your rest too.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service