DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Trav is an urban dog, so doesn't encounter many dead things that might trigger his 'roll in it' instinct.  The few dead birds, rodents or fish we've found haven't appealed to him.  He'll sniff the corpse, then seem to shrug and move on.

Tonight he found something that triggered the instinct.  I gave him a Cod Liver Oil softgel, and after picking it up, dropping it, nosing it around for a while, he started to lie down and roll on it!  Yikes!  This is human grade stuff!  LOL

What has your doodle found worthy of rolling on or in?

Views: 1060

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yucky!  A nicely rotted sea creature, maybe?  Chance would probably not be welcome at the groomer's for a bath.  lol

It had a rather large rib cage, although not pictured here.  If you really want to see more, I am sure I could find it again tomorrow!!

Of course we want more pictures, Linda!  Should be a nice little expedition for you and the doods, and you can pose them while rolling, just for scale.  Or not...lol   It might even be a dog or coyote, if it has a large rib cage.

This mystery dead creature is on my property, now sitting in a tree to keep it off the ground.  I'll go out there with a measuring tape tomorrow to provide some scale. 

Cool!  Pictures, too!  Guess you didn't like the idea of achieving scale by letting the doods roll in the carcass again...?  lol   Did you have the fun task of putting it up in the tree?  Looks almost like coyote fur.

Yay for Linda ! You can become the crazy doodle lady, who travels into the forest to measure dead animals ! LOL

Maybe a large bird? Omg I'd die if my dogs rolled on that!!!

This made me laugh, Joanna!  Sort of a Jurassic Park image--big birds with fangs...shudder!  :)

Eeeew gross oh my heck. But yes please to more pictures! LOL

If it helps any, this was a skull of a deer I took last year. You can use this as comparison but I am certain - not a deer

Actually, that's a pretty photo, Joanne!  But you're right--it doesn't look much like the scary critter.

That definitely looks like a deer skull... not that I've actually ever seen one. I'm basing this ALL on the skull paintings that Georgia O'Keefe did! LOL Wait a minute... I think she was painting bull skulls.... nevermind!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service