DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So we've all done it ... toiled over what name we will give our new puppy/dog. Names come from everywhere. I know a Peat, a Guiness, a Breslin, a Stout ... all unique names given for a reason. I've even seen Leroy "Gibbs" on Doodle Kisses! So here's the discussion ... let us know what your doodle's name is and why you chose it.

Views: 1308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What she said!

Nicky...named him after our nephew because he's so goofy and silly just like him...but also because he begged us to name it after him...His mom and dad were Ok with it really....If we hadn't promised to name him nicky, it may have been simba because he really looks like a lion sometimes

Nicky is a great name ... and Simba would have been good too!

Love the name Watson.  Makes me think of Sherlock Holmes and mysteries and I love all that stuff.

I'm sure a doodle is in your future when the time is right ... until then, both are great names to have ready!

Ned was named by my DH.  It was his turn to get final choice on a dog, and although we made a name list, Ned was basically his only contribution to the list.  I thought he was honoring me (my initials are N.E.D.) so I was very thrilled with his choice.  A couple of years later, I mentioned to him that I was happy that he named Ned in my honor.  Well, guess what?  He didn't (he shudda kept his mouth shut on this one :-}).  He named him for a former student that was a great kid!  Then even later we found out that Ned Kelly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Kelly)  was a famous Australian outlaw - like the Sundance Kid is here - so the name was doubly fitting because Ned is an Australian Labradoodle.

Clancy was originally called Buck - don't know if that was his original name, kill shelter name, or humane society name. After lots of thought and helpful and fun
suggestions from dk members, we chose Clancy. We just could not see ourselves
calling, " Buck, Buck" or when he jumped on us, "Buck -
Off!" Can you just picture this at a dog park or a campground! tee hee.
Sweet boy that he was, he did not know any commands or respond to anything but
"Bad Dog" so it wasn't hard to let ourselves have some fun re-naming
him. One of my favorites was a dk tongue in cheek suggestion of Hula, and he
actually was Hula for a day.

Here is the discussion where dk members suggested names for him:

http://www.doodlekisses.com/profiles/blogs/although-he-still-has-no...

and the one where we announced the outcome:

http://www.doodlekisses.com/profiles/blogs/dear-doodle-moms-and

I like Ned! And you're right, DH should have never fessed up.

Not his finest moment!

We asked family and friends to give of their suggestions and Murphy kept coming up, so that was the winner and I really liked the sound of it. As for Bella, I just took one look at her little puppy face and said "She's a Bella". No suggestions needed. And she is a perfect little 'Bella". May next doodle will probably be Max or Jax. Love those too.
So fun to read everyone's stories!
We chose Brisby because it is short for Brisbane, a territory in Australia and Brisby is an ALD. So a nod to the country.
Jake was Jake when we recused him and I didn't want any more changes in his life for him so we kept it. Also it fits him.
Lol!
Pickles is named so because my daughter has a stuffed orange cat named Pickles that she took to all her chemo treatments when she was beating leukemia. Stuffed pickles is getting really worn and our new pup is apricot so Pickles. Also, you guys suggested a name different than the names of the two boys we already had. pickles was different.

So now I have PB&J :)
Those are great names and stories! PB & J is priceless.
How precious ! Is she cancer free now? I am a leukemia survivor! I had ALL.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service