DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Call me a little " over the top" when it comes to my doodle Wilson...but he sleeps naked at night.  I think he should be comfortable when he sleeps...and thats that.  So I put his collars in a drawer in my nightstand.  So this is where it gets silly.  In the morning I put out a couple of his collars, never more than 3, they are all tagged, and he decides which one he wants to wear for the day.  He really looks them over and sniffs each one, and seems to ponder them quite intently, then noses the one he wants for the day and leans forward for me to snap it on.   So do any other DKers go to this extreme? LOL  Or maybe try it sometime..its quite entertaining and starts my day out with a smile!!  : )

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cooper only has 1 collar - she did have 3, but chewed the others (she somehow got them off her neck!)
We will have to try that. We take her collar off most of the time when we go to bed but it usually gets thrown on the floor...ha ha. I do let Gracie pick out lots of her things. I can lay out a bunch of her tennis balls and she picks which one she wants for the day. Lots of bumping with the nose, squish testing, squeak testing. rolling them around and after a while she makes her decision. Gracie is a girl of many collars but we usually have her Dublin collar which is a Non-stinky water collar because she is always dunking her head in water bowls and buckets!!! Silly girl. We will have to try the collar. Thanks for sharing!
Welly also usually sleeps naked.... I only put their collars on for walks... But with the chilly weather at night he sometimes gets cold, so he wears his fleece (I kid you not!).

I bathed him the other night and he was still a bit damp at bedtime so I put his fleece on and he slept snug as a bug. If he gets cold at night he tries to get on my bed!

This is his nightware for the extra chilly nights =)

Awww...Welly too adorable! Wilson sleep in bed with me..and he tends to run on the warm side. In the summer he sleeps on the cool tiles in the bathroom! The blue is a great color on the dood!
I for one certainly can not accuse anyone of being "over the top" when it comes to their doodles. I still am amazed that I COOK for them and even want them both to sleep in bed with us. I recently have been looking for new collars and was thinking what a pain it was to change the tags, so you just solved that problem for me.....MORE TAGS!!!! Gotta go to Etsy.com and do some tag shopping, Bye!!
I got this cool little tag holder on Etsy...makes it a breeze to switch tags :)

I forgot about those! That's what I need cuz I just ordered 2 new collars for Miss Bella, but really like the one tag she has. Thanks.
That looks very nice. I have read on dk that some people have not been happy with some that they bought. It is good to get a recommendation for one that is good quality. I buy tags from LuckyPetTags. They can be written on on both sides.
Works on flat collars and they are only one-sided so. although I think the collar tags are very very cool, they won't work for those of us that must use the rolled leather collars because of matting.
I think more places are engraving on both sides which allows lots and lots of info to be put on without multiple tags. I got tired of the personal info tag, the rabies tag, the license tag. When our town finally went to a permanent license number, I decided to toss that tag and put the number on the personal info tag and I also decided that it should be understood that if my dog was licensed, he was current on his rabies. I will check out Boomerang next time I order tags.
Just a warning, I have had collar tag gizmos like these and they were not sturdy and broke, probably while the dogs were playing, The more recent kind I had had similar problems.
Okay maybe you are a little over the top with the collar thing but I certainly can appreciate how it would make you smile.

Daisy has one color, she never takes it off except for a bath, she does walk right into it when I hold it up...she is modest I guess about being naked - ha ha

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service