DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So when the doctors told my husband and I that I need to be very careful of germs due to Chemo (leukemia), My wonderful DH started cleaning my house like a maniac. Then he took a look at Achilles and said, "He is like a walking mop,(lovingly) maybe we should get him groomed"  So he makes the appointment. He goes to pick Achilles up, doesn't even look like the same dog! There is no chance a germ could hide on him now! He is actually acting different. Do you think he will ever forgive me for this do? And what is up with the tail? He even looks mad in the second picture.

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OMG - What on earth did the groomer think he was ..... a lion????? Why would they do that?

Poor Achilles - it will grow back!

Oh, Anna, he looks like he's about to cry.  I'm not quite sure what's going on with that tail either?  It will grow back quickly, and you can be pretty sure he's "germ free".  How mad were you at DH????  LOL  I shouldn't say too much because both of my Doods are at the groomer right now.  It's a new groomer that doesn't require them to be in crates.  So they'll be happier, but I have no idea what they're going to look like.
That's one of the reasons I chose my groomer! She lets my Sunny play with her standard poodle when she's not working on her. And she knows Sunny hates the blowdryer so she keeps her warm while she air dries. Most of the other groomers just let her cry and freak out in the cage with the blowdryers blowing on her!
Anna~ Just don't let him by any mirrors. LOL  The tail was probably cut like that to keep poop bits from clinging to the fur in that area. I think they went a little overboard though. The look is definitely unique. Good news is that it will grow out. Feel better, I'll be praying for you.
Okay, so the tail is a little funky - but I think Achilles is still adorable!!!!
Dear Anna, As different as he looks he sure has a sweet face. I know that you are hugging him and his embarrassment will end soon. Glad you are keeping him germ free to protect you immune system. I think DH deserves tons of credit for wanting to take such good care of you. Kudos.
Awww...poor thing.  Well, I just had to cut Buddy's tail hair just like Achilles due to matting.  So tell him he isn't alone!  He is probably mad at your husband.  :)

Well, I think he looks cute. The tail is a little strange, but Anna, is it making you smile a little, then that's a good thing :-) I used to have a little scottish terrier that really acted embarrassed every time he was groomed. He always sat on my lap & looked out the window while driving ( Iknow, not a good thing)but after a grooming he would put his head down on my lap like he didn't want anyone to see him. 

Achilles is so cute he could never look bad.

Honestly I think if your groomer had cut his head/face shorter (to match the body) he would look great!  We always cut our doodles short...I like the short look.  Is there any way you could take him back to ask her to even him up a bit?  Oh - I think his tail looks cute.
I actually love his look on his face. I'm sure if he knew the reason for being so short he would shave his whole body for you to keep you free of infection from him!!!  Now the tail is a bit different, but again it will keep that area much cleaner for you and a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do for his mom!  He is just as adorable as ever!
While I agree that I don't think your groomer could actually claim status as a groomer, I think she probably did you a huge favor.  You guys have a lot on your plate right now and this will provide you the opportunity to take care of YOU and not have to worry about Achilles.  You can just love on him.  It will be so easy to just have DH toss him in the tub and give him a bath and not have to worry about hours for him to dry or being difficult to brush out!  And his face is still adorable and I bet he feels yummy!
I think he looks really sweet.  Well, except for the tail - but it does add a bit of um..whimsy!  His head looks particularly good.  Your DH is a gem for trying to cover all the angles to keep you well.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service