DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am getting a dog blow dryer for Mother's day! Strange gift, I know, but its what I want. Does anyone have any recommendations? Which one works best or which is quietest? Thanks for any help!

Views: 563

Replies to This Discussion

Hah, I just saw that the cotton ball with or without a stretchy head band was already recommended. Thanks!

Thanks for the headband recommendation! I think I'll try that.

Cotton balls in the ear canal... this is something I do with my doods during baths and blow drying. My DH always scolds me when he finds a cotton ball in their ears after a grooming :) Never lost one in the ear canal, though.

I used to try that for bath time, but they both really really hated it.  I always clean their ears after a bath by filling up the ear canal with cleaner so they dry out just fine.  They hate the cleaning too, but not as much as the cotton balls :)

Interesting... neither of mine mind it at all. In fact, that's why I forget they're in there.

I got one for Christmas and I love it. It's the K-9 II. I was deciding between this one and the Metro Master Blaster. I went to a local doggie self wash and they had the K-9 II. I tried it out and like it a lot. I bought the Metro Air Force Quick draw (small one), but it took forever to dry the dog. So that's why I decided to go with a full size one. You might want to check with your groomer to see which ones they are using.

Hi Lori- I started digging a little after you posted this (partly looking for myself) and I came across this article that might help you know what to look for: The Quest For The Best Dog Dryer

I have the Metro Air Force Quick Draw and love it. You can find it online for under $100. Its portable and gets the job done on my woolly coated Lucy, and curly coated Oscar in little time at all. I've had it over 3 yrs and its never had any problems. No stand with this one. Here's a link:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=18267446&utm_so...

Also, if you used their 20% off coupons you could get it for a steal!

I believe this is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Force-Commander-2-Speed-Dryer-Motor/dp/B00063...

Work great, no complaints.

Excellent price on this one. Looks similar to the Xpower unit.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I didn't have any internet access all day yesterday so I couldnt respond. Thats like torture! Today I am at a friends house on DK! They are working on the cables in my area so my access is in and out. I will look up all the ones you guys recommended. Right now Im just using my own blow dryer on low heat and Daphne HATES it! I think that with a more powerful dryer we might get along better.

I have an Xpower Model B-5 115V 4 HP

It has a continuous, variable speed dial from completely off all the way to full force. I have found this to be an excellent feature to get the puppies used to it. The air gets nice and warm just from the motor so you don't risk getting too hot for the puppy. It claims to be the "world's quietest", but I don't know how loud others are. It is not obnoxious though. It has a long hose so you can be quite far from the source of the noise so to start I put it out the door. It was also one of the most economical I could find at $260 (USD) from Progroom Pet Supply (http://progroom.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2080).

My brother is a professional groomer and he recommended the Edemco. This one was more in line with my budget though and he is impressed with it.

Hope that helps.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service