DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I was bathing Timbow today and was reminded of why I hate doing this at home! It takes forever for him to dry!!! Any advice or quick drying techniques you could pass on?

Views: 145

Replies to This Discussion

A hair dryer set on low???? i am kidding but I do know they take forever to dry!!! I'm not sure how my groomer does it....
I just bathed Bentley today....it takes for ever and he mattes really bad so I blow dry him!!!! Very spoiled....
I blow Timbow dry too and he loves the hair dryer so that's not a problem. The problem is I bathe him, towel him dry (which does nothing lol) then blow him dry for about 30 min. I then let him air dry for about 45 min or so. After this he gets another 30 min of the hair dryer. At this point he is damp. I brush between the drying and continue to use the towel some. I think I need to get an industrial strength dryer.
Connor is a 2 yr old F1 goldendoodle and I like to keep his hair a pretty decent length. After I bathe Connor, I towel him off, then I put a dog bathrobe on him. Okay, quit laughing! :-) Harry Barker makes a terry bathrobe that does a good job at absorbing extra water. I leave the robe on Connor while I blow dry his head, neck, ears, etc. Then I take off the robe and scrunch him while damp drying so he won't frizz. The soft curl stays in his hair and it doesn't take nearly as long as it did before the bathrobe.
They had the robes on clearance. I don't know if they still are, but if you're interested you can check it out @
www.harrybarker.com
Deborah! I have talked to you before about the bathrobe! I really do need to get one!! I will talk to DH about it tonight! :-)
I just went and ordered one for Gracie Doodle. They only have PINK left. Think Timbow is up to wearing pink around the house??? ha ha
That's great. I must have some of those. Thanks. My boys are tough enough to wear pink. lol
DH won't like the pink, but I will :-)
Do you figure out what size bathrobe you need by measuring their neck? They do have two sizes available in blue as well on this site.
What size would we buy for a 55 lb. Doodle?
By the time Cooper has been bathed she is not up for being towel dried. I give her a nice long lasting treat like a bully stick, cow trachea or a smoked bone, and comb her. If I dont comb her she takes forever to dry. As it is she stays damp for quite a while. I tried to blow dry her, but she doesnt like it so far....
In the summer Gracie will dry pretty well in about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes if she is outside. Though her ears and neck stay wet for hours. Her tail is the first to dry and it is a huge plumb. Any other time we towel dry her and she shakes and shakes. Finally she gets up on the bed for a long winter's nap. I will start combing her about a half hour later and just by taking the comb through her hair it fluffs it up a bit and she dries much quicker than if I leave it alone. Gracie is has a wavy fleece coat and it is very soft.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service