DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

After January's nightmare of a groom (see last pic below), I finally found a groomer today who actually 'got it'. You can't imagine my relief! Here's Lucy...

EDIT/UPDATE: Thank you everyone for the nice words. You guys are great, even when the cut isn't all that cute :)

I'm so pleased I now have a groomer  I can count on... just a few minor tweeks with the head  to work towards, and we'll be good to go.

This groomer was especially fast too. I've had previous groomers that took up to 6 hrs before calling me that Lucy was done. Even a mobile groomer we had come to the house and worked on Lucy exclusively took nearly 4 hrs. Yesterday's groomer took a total of 2 hrs (she told me Lucy was the last groom of the day). I was VERY surprised! So even though I have to drive 10 miles to get to this groomer's shop, its worth it. I'll just do some shopping around town in that 2 hrs while I wait. Her price is in line with other local groomers, too.

Views: 141

Replies to This Discussion

Wonderful  style!  I may have to try and copy it, if you don't mind!   : )   
Hey Sally, knock yourself out! The top of the head is a little poofier than I asked for, but the groomer said she didn't feel a shorter/flatter top would look right. Oh well... overall, I'm happy.
She looks darling.

Thanks, she is adorable.  I doubt I can get Mitzi anywhere near what Lucy looks like.  Mitzi's first hair cut had her looking like a prehistoric  creature!   It didn't take long to grow out though and I was determined never to let her look like that again.  This style looks ideal for our hot climate and her habit of jumping in the pool when she gets hot.

Vast improvment! I think the head is a fine length. The only thing the groomer needs to understand is that the ears and head should be blended together, not separated like a poodle cut.
I knew there was something not quite right about her head. Thanks, I will remember that for next time!
Oh Lucy! What a huge improvement. You look perfectly adorable!
Aw, she looks SOOOOO soft and cuddly and pretty!!! I love the length on her legs and body. What a night and day difference compared to her last grooming experience.
She looks so smooth and wonderful!
She looks great and so soft!!!
Oh wow...that is a huge difference.  She looks adorable and so soft and fluffy.  I love the legs!  The new groomer is a keeper for sure!
Wow and not a single hair out of place - Excellent job - Lucy looks absolutely stunning.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service