DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We normally trim our own dogs. We trimmed Lincoln 2 weeks ago and did fine. My husbnad decided yestrday to trim him shorter since it had gotten warmer. He didn;t tell me or ask for help. Well he did not use the guard, just the blade and took him down to the skin along his back. then he tried to fix it and made him worse!!! He couldn;t do his legs very well or his belly, so he is jut a HOT MESS. I called Petsmart for an appointment today to try to at least even him out, but leave his tail and head. Hubby took him this morning and they won;t do him due to razor burn in a few spots, so now we have to wait a week with a really sad looking doodle. I am so embarasssed to take him anywhere. I don;t know how long it will take for the hair to grow back. Of course Lincoln has no clue and he is just fine and cooler. My husband does at least feel bad ( as well he should!!!)
I attached a pic before trim at dog park and yesterday after the disaster. My poor baby

Views: 1003

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

OH NO!!!  I m sorry...goodness. Hubby in the "dog house".? lol

Of course, this sets my panic into whirlwind, as I am taking my Hadley for Part 2 of her cut today.  My grooming choices are so limited.  The groomer was unable to finish the first time because Hadley threw up from nerves.  I could already tell that she had not done what I did want on her face (ugh).  I know this will not end well.  I think this time I'll be the one throwing up! baaah.

Oh no! Thankfully Lincoln can't tell he has a bad hair cut. He certainly will get some attention with that cut! Be careful not to keep him out in the sun too much until his fur starts to grow back, because he could get badly sunburnt.  I know he still has his fun, crazy doodle personality, and the hair cut will be something you will laugh about...

It may be awhile before I can laugh about it, but I guess someday!  ARGHHH.   He will get attention alright, Oh well, it will grow eventually.  I didn't think about the sun yet, good reminder. 

Oh my!! Watch out for sunburn and remember his hair will grow back! I am not sure I would ever leave your husband alone with the clippers again, especially if he is alone with Lincoln! You will laugh about this....someday!

Yes, watch out for sunburn.  I would use this as an excuse to buy some cute little (or not so little) outfit!

Aww get him a cute shirt to wear and no one will know while it's growing out. Funny not so funny story, my daughter is a teacher and one of her parents did this to their son. He had to wear a hat to school for quite a long time. Just be thankful Lincoln doesn't care or notice. This kid was traumatized for sure!

Poor guy. Make sure he sleeps in bed with you and your husband sleeps on the sofa!

Oh, dear! 3 words for you: Hide. The. Clippers.

Oh dear! It will grow back fast and Petsmart will have more to "blend" with by next week. Yes, DH would never by able to get near my clippers again if this were one of my doodles!!!   But no matter what, he's the same ol Lincoln!

Oh no!   I've messed my boy's hair up a few times myself.  Fortunately it does grow back ;) 

Poor hubby. I bet he doesn't attempt that again.

Thnak you all for the kind words.  Hubby feels so bad, not sure what he was thinking!  He usually does a great job.  He knows the error of his ways now, but I will definately be around next time he does any grooming ( which will be quite a while until Linc needs it agian). I may try the shirt idea if Linc will wear one. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service