DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Good morning all!  So, what the doodle?  I let Rosie out to go to the bathroom this am and when she came in she was all frantic because her poo was stuck in the hair around her bottom!  YIKES!  And boy... what a mess.  Already had one bath and I think she should have another!  I've been grooming her myself.  Am I just not shaving around her bottom enough?  Thanks for the help!

~ Stacy & Rosie

Views: 153

Replies to This Discussion

Well, no doubt this is a gross discussion but a necessary one. 

I find I have this problem (dangling doo) when my pup eats grass.  Not to be too graphic, but the grass passing through his system creates "strings" that aren't entirely enclosed within the poop and are extremely hard to pass. When this happens, my dog will naturally try to scrape it off by sitting and scooting.  That has unpleasant results, obviously.  We also can get a bit of a mess when he has diarrhea.

To deal with this, I have my groomer shave him down pretty close all around that area -- up the tail, on either side, and down below.  It doesn't look strange and it is a HUGE help. Then I can use baby wipes to clean him off when he soils himself there.

I also have her trim around his "privates" (as she calls it) to prevent urine buildup.  Again, I think this really helps my dog's comfort, and he doesn't object at all to being handled there.

Hope this helps!

Where's the picture? I was expecting a close up of the "area"!  I like to keep Neely's but short with scissors and then use the clippers to run a line straight down from the bottom of the anus between his legs then into a sanitary clip on the inside of the back legs and just ahead of the penis area clipping it short all across back to the original line from the anus. I brush the leg hair off to either side and stretch the skin flat when I run the clipper down so I don't take any unnecessary leg hair off. The leg hair then hides the clipped area when done but the cling ons are rare afterwards.

What ever you do do not shave to close down on the penis! I practically had to deal with Neely trying to chew off his weiner. Razor burn I think. I always use a comb extension on the clippers.

We don't shave the penis.  We just clip the long hair off of the tip and let the rest stay hairy.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service