DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So, Ember is 4.5 months and I think she is just the cutest thing ever. :) She is about 25lbs currently and is very fluffy. I got lots of comments at the dog park about (a) how big she looks and (b) other people saying "oh, she needs to go the groomer!". I don't know what I think about that!  The vet said she's on track growth-wise.

Is there a certain age that you think puppies should get a full groom? Ember has had a little trim, bath, and blow dry to help get her used to grooming. 

Views: 419

Replies to This Discussion

I prefer a natural doodle, and I wouldn't do a thing except brush regularly. I trim Neely myself in the sanitary area and when he was much older I trimmed him and used thinning shears just to keep the longer wisps more tidy and the areas that he was prone to mats thinned out to help that issue.

I have always thought Ember is sooo cute!  I LOVE her coloring and she looks just like a teddy bear to me.  The way she looks, I would almost be offended if someone told me it was time to take her to the groomer.  Geez...That's the look I love.  I am in the same spot with Bexter right now...I'll try to attach a picture.  Bexter is almost 9 months old though and he still has not had a groom other than me doing the sanitary area and around his eyes when he needs it.  I guess I am trying to save money, but also I think he is darn cute the way he is!  I have noticed some mats coming lately, though, which I am hoping to fight off by regular brushing because I really didn't want to shave him during the winter for warmth purposes...hoping to put that off until spring.  We'll see.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service