DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I'm crying - already.  Jeez.  I'm so excited to get Rooney tomorrow but it is also making me sad.  Like I'm stealing someone's baby.  I know puppies don't have those types of feelings so why do I feel so bad?

Roony's mom was the best ever first time momma, and she still loves to lick and cuddle him even at 11 wks.  This litter was very special to his breeder - Sesame and Connors first litters for them both - and the puppies, all 5 were all different colors.  Rooney has spent all most 3 wks in training and gosh is he a smart, happy little doodle.  And he'll see his breeder, mom and dad again, down the road at a future Doodle Day - I'll drive him up there for a visit.

I'm just going to be sobbing to take him away.  Did any one else cry when taking their puppy or am I just too emotional? 

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

Good luck tomorrow, we are really looking forward to tales of Rooney, and oh yes there will be tales to tell. Rooney is one lucky little doodle, he is going to have a great home and after a few days he will think he was always an only child.
This is so true, Donna!:) Huff doesn't even remember his siblings (I think). I also can't wait to hear all of Rooney's crazy puppy stories!
Today is the day! I am thinking of you and Rooney! Can't wait to hear about this little guy!
Bless your heart for being so concerned about the breeder and mama doodle. Its a very emotional time, from picking out a puppy AND bringing one home, especially if you've followed the puppies progress from conception to now. I cried too, but not for that reason. We had 1st pick of the litter and at 3 weeks we picked out a puppy we thought would be perfect for us. At 5 weeks we went for a visit and I made a connection with another puppy (which, surprisingly, had NOT been chosen by any of the other 5 people on the list for a puppy), and I had to make the decision to change our choice. Not an easy decision, given all the emotional investment we'd made in that 1st puppy. We thank our stars every day that we chose a different puppy, because Lucy, now at nearly 1 year old, is the best puppy we could have ever imagined. It was serendipitous that it just so happened she was available in the 1st place, like it was simply meant to be :). The other puppy found a good home too.

So, no, you're not being too emotional. I'll be interested in hearing if you cry today while bringing Rooney home. I did, and they were tears of joy!
I felt terribly guilty getting Ollie home.Especially in the car when he was whining and quivering. Separating him from the rest of his litter felt like I was committing a crime. Once he settled down and started licking my face, I felt less guilty.
I cried...once I thought to myself "what have I done" after she pooped all over, etc... HA! Just kidding.

But really, I was worried she would be confused and not know who I was. We got to see her each week since she was 2 weeks old, but still. Leaving the mom is strange. I was also the last to pick her up. She was at home with the "big dogs" - I was out of town and picked her up at 9 weeks, so Peri had one week without her siblings. She was excited to see me though :)
I want to also add, SAVOR every minute of Roo's puppiness. They get big so fast (I sound so dumb, but it's true). I miss this girl (shown the week I brought her home, what a DOLL baby):

They are wonderful older and calmer, but look at that face.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service