DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello everyone!

So a few days ago I noticed my 8 month old doodle's nose started to change from black to brown! I have herad of this happening, just wondering if any of you have had the same experience. His nose is still somewhat black but each day is getting more and moreb brown...it is interesting anyway. I think I kinda like the brown more :) 

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, my too are as well. It's a seasonal thing I have read.
My dog's nose is less black in winter--I think it has something to do with rubbing it around in the snow.  But my other doodle's nose was blackish brown until she was over a year old and it turned rose-colored permanently! So, it's hard to know which one is happening to your doodle's nose!
Stella's has gone from black to a rosey color, she is 7 months old. I'm curious to see if it gets darker this summer from what I've heard.

Just took some close ups of Bella this morning and altho I was looking at her fresh grooming and the grass stains on her beard, I just noticed her nose color came out pretty good so you can see how she is changing too.

She's so pretty!
Thank you. I have to keep telling myself that everytime I catch her eating poop!  The snack de jure was grass clipping, an improvement, but plays heck with the white beard! :0
There was a big discussion on this very subject about three weeks to a month ago.  Look back in the archives to find it.  People posted links to internet discussions about why the noses are changing.
Clifford's has definitely gone from black to brown.  It will be interesting to see if it will change back or stay brown.
Maddie is now 13 months old and I noticed about 2 weeks ago that her nose seemed brownish - its usually jet black.  I had read on DK that this sometimes happens so I was really not one bit concerned. DK rocks when it comes to getting information and I'm always telling my DH all the scoop I read on DK about doodles.

I noticed that my doodle's nose changed also!  I thought I was nuts!  Thanks for the info!!!  I can't wait to tell my husband I am not crazy!!!

I am glad to see this! I will check out the links below.  Piper's nose used to be solid black and now he is about a year and a half old, and his nose is completely rose colored.  I am wondering if it will go back to black, but am thinking not.  I miss his big black nose...a black nose was my only color requirement when we got our doodle.  Oh well, we love him just as much with his big pink nose! : )
My Dog Tobey had a jet black nose ...  Now at 1 year old it has changed colour.... This is called snow nose,sometimes it will go black in the summer ,,our last  dog Cedar a yellow lab nose changed with the seasons,

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service