DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello, new member here. I posted this in a minidoodle forum but noticed its not very active so thought I would try here.

Last week my DH and I adopted a puppy from a local rescue. His story was that he had been rescued from a breeder who was "trying" to breed mini golden doodles. Unfortunately she got sick and had to part with some of her dogs She claims this little guy was from a small golden retriever (40lbs) and a miniature poodle (20lbs). He is about 13 - 14 weeks old and weighs 10.4 lbs. He had to have all his hair cut off because when he was rescued he was very matted. This picture shows him the day he was rescued (on the left) with all his hair and his profile picture was taken yesterday. He is white mainly with pale golden ears, gold around his mouth and a pale cream/gold running down his back. Now short, his hair is fairly curly but the hair on his legs seems straighter. Sadly the breeder must have docked his tail as its only about 3" long (sorry, but what was she thinking this is illegal where I come from). Of course, it doesn't really matter what he is as we adore him already. I was hoping for a doodle as I have had wonderful golden retrievers in the past and I am crazy about all things golden or doodle:) Is there any way to tell what he is apart from a DNA test? Let me know what you think and thanks for your help.

Views: 523

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sure, he could be a doodle!  Looks similar to my mini goldendoodle, Peri.  Peri also gets mistaken for a cockapoo sometimes.  But no matter what, your new boy is sure cute!  And you are welcome here at Doodle Kisses!

I was going to say the same thing, that her boy looks a lot like Lady P.

Cute Choodle picture!!

He looks like a doodle but go know. Enjoy him.

Looks doodly to me. :) Welcome!

Looks like a mini version of my big doodles.  Both are adorable!  Best of luck and enjoy him!! 

Welcome to Dk where your little honey bear will be most welcome.  He looks very mini doodly so that's that.  Why they dock tails I have no idea.  Be sure to post lots of pictures and the very best of luck with your gorgeous puppy.

Cute no matter what he is!  Looks doodle to me!

Looks Doodley to me! Are they sure he is only 14 weeks? I have never seen a puppy with that long of hair already! Puppy hair is fluffy but not usually that long! Anyways, doesnt matter, super cute... enjoy!

I was thinking the same thing about his age. He looks older than 14 weeks. Does he still have his puppy teeth? Looks exactly like a smaller version of Cooper so I vote yes, he's a doodle.

Oh I think doodle also.   Shaved, they really can look so different.

Here is Spud shaved and full coat.  P.S.  Who needs a tail when you have that wonderful nose to KISS.  Congratulations.

His ears, tip of tail, paws, and down the back do change to golden from time to time.  He changes colors a lot, actually. 

I LOVE Spuds eyes.  He is so darn adorable!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service