DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Our 10 month old ALD Zoe is a wrecking ball for toys now that she has her adult teeth.  Luckily, this hasn't carried over to anything that doesn't belong to her, but we want to keep it that way!  She loves bully sticks, antlers and really any plush toy.  The problems are that she destroys the plush toys so quickly, we have stopped buying new ones.  She also devours bully sticks and we don't want to give her too many of those.  Antlers concern me as we've heard of a few lately who have broken teeth on antlers (though Zoe loves them).  Filled Kongs work well, but we are looking for toys that don't require food to maintain dog interest.

So I come to the forum-- I'm sure Zoe isn't the first doodle to be a toy assassin.  In your experience, what toys work well for heavy chewers and keep their interest?

Thanks!

Views: 436

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have an 8 month old that is the same way! She is such a chewer and destroys all her plush toys but luckily ONLY chews her toys and nothing in our home. Sophie's favorite toy is her "Benebone". It's a peanut butter or bacon flavored chew toy and it has lasted us quite a while. It gets worn down but she doesn't seem to mind. We got ours on amazon but I believe you can also get it on wag.com or chewy.com. We also have had luck with nyla bones from petsmart. 

http://www.amazon.com/Benebone-Peanut-Butter-Flavored-Wishbone/dp/B...

I buy the extra thick 12" bully sticks from www.bestbullysticks.com.  If you buy in bulk (50) on auto ship, you can get them for about $3.70 each.  It's a large outlay, but they don't go bad.  I actually split the bag with a co-worker.  The small stick from pet stores cost that or even more and don't last long at all.  Otherwise, Kongs are the only thing that holds up.  Good luck! 

Try the Zogoflex toys by West Paw Design.  They hold up to aggressive chewers and the company even offers a one time replacement if your dog manages to destroy one.  Lots of designs to choose from.

We like these too.

I bought the Z-shaped one and Crush still chewed both ends off! I need to send it in for replacement since it's guaranteed. 

We've long since stopped giving any destructible toys to the doods (especially plush toys) and now only have the Zogofex toys (probably 5 different designs so far), the black Extreme Kong toys (again several different ones) and non plush balls. We usually have an antler around too, although, I too, am a little leary of the tooth breaking threat. We use to buy bully sticks in bulk from bestbullysticks.com for Lucy, but with Oscar's penchant for swallowing things whole, we've discontinued those, too. With the limited variety if toys in the house, the doodles seem quite contented and they play with them often. Of course, they have each other to play tug or keep-away with their toys and when they tire of that they wrestle each other.
As for a plush toy... We like the goDog brand. http://www.godogfun.com
They guarantee this product and so far Oakley has not chewed through the two he has. Squeaker has held up well too.

Thanks, she has already destroyed these!

There's an awesome brand of plush dog toys called, Fluff & Tuff.  Their toys are very well made and very cute! They're the only plush toys that I buy now, and while they're expensive, they really last. They make some plush balls, as well.  Here's a link to their website, but you can find their toys in some specialty pet-supply stores, too. 

Fluff & Tuff Dog Toys StoreHenry the FrogreHoliday Charity BallRuby the Rainbow TroutWally the DuckFlEdsel the ElephantSadie the Bear 

will check these out! thanks!

I bought my eight week old little girl a Himalayian yak chew. She loves it. No splintering, and no change  in stools or digestive problem.

Good rec.  We do give Zoe yak chews and she likes them.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service