DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I took Quincy in for grooming this morning.  He was a mess of tangles so I guess I should not be surprised so hear his hair is short.  My DH picked him up and I was wondering why he did not call me here at work.  When I called him, he said it was because he was afraid to...it's short, "pretty much a crew cut".  DH said his face is still long and his tail length, too.  

Quincy has really thick most curly hair that tangles so easily.  I know, it will grow!  

I will post pictures later.  sigh.

OKAY- here he is...looking long, lanky and shaved.... 

sorry it's blurry, he was shivering! (JK)

His head looks like a Texas beauty queen from the 70's!  - I still say they did not have to shave his legs and back-he could have been left much longer, but I guess it's easier to shave than scissor cut.  

Views: 1048

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Been there. However they feel so much better. I just try to be extra complimentary. Bee sure and tell him how handsome he is with his new do. It will grow.

LOL...Not a one of us can say we have never had THE HAIRCUT that was done too too short.  It grows....and I'm sure Quincy is still as adorable as ever.

Looking forward to pics!

I know the feeling, believe me! Darwin is finally growing back in after his outrageously short cut...

Darwin is gorgeous no matter what length he is!

So STINKIN CUTE!!  I am saving this photo to my grooming folder. You look adorable Darwin!

Darwin is growing in beautifully!  He is so handsome!

He looks gorgeous, Camilla!

Thanks you guys!

If the face and tail are longer, it should be great. I actually prefer one of mine really short, about 3/4" but like some hair left on his face. But it will grow back and just think, no matts for the next few months!!

I agree. I also keep Monty's body pretty short with fluffy head and tail. I would love to have a long haired doodle, but there is just way too much stuff that gets caught in his hair. Because of his curls, he is not easy to maintain. Auggie can stay longer just because his hair does not have the poodle curl and I can wash him in a breeze.

If it's any consolation, Charlie LOVES short hair. He rolls around on the floor, dances around the house with a spring in his step, and rubs up against things.

Yeah, grooming has been an issue for many of us.  But it does grow back quickly, maybe even too quickly.  It is hard to keep them from getting tangles, but keep at it.  As he matures, his coat will change and it may be easier to brush and comb him.  Curly hair tends to tangle easier.  You and Quincy may even like a shorter cut, so don't give up right away.  You will find what works best for you with grooming.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service