DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am happy to report that my gates are up and working beautifully.  No more Dougie wandering up the steps or in other areas of the house, unless he is being supervised.  I got both gates from Amazon and I love them.

He will be jumping over this shortly I know...but hopefully, by then, he will not have to be supervised as much, LOL!! (This is self-standing but not shown in pic, sorry).

Views: 515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have gotten beautiful gates and they will work for a long time.

Those are great gates!

We used things like big packages of paper towels to keep  Luna contained ;)  She didn't like the plastic noise they made when she touched them so she didn't try to get past.  Not very stylish but they worked and we didn't have to pay extra for them :)

wow what great looking gates! Dougie will have to work very hard to get through those!!! I especially like the gate by the staircase as they are so tall.

Wow, these are great, I love the stairway gate !

Very nice! You may find, as we have, that you find numerous other uses for the gates as time goes by! Sorry, Dougie, looks like your wings have been clipped for now!

Love the gates!
Can you please post the amazon links for these gates. I think I found the free standing one, but can't seem to locate the stairway one. Thanks so much.

No problem :)  Here is the link to the gate on the staircase:  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XT30G4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_...

Everyone loves the gates, except Dougie.  I will have to post the pic where he is has given up trying to get through it, LOL!!

Nice!  Dougie might not try to jump them.  Trav still won't try to jump over a barrier that comes up to his chest--like the old puppy pen.  He accepts that he isn't supposed to step past the barrier.  Of course, if a squirrel ran across the room, that might be a whole different story.  lol

Have the free standing in fla. also...liked it b/c I could use it several different places. I also have one similar yo the wall pressurized one you have...although yours is more attractive..mine HOSP. White...but it really serves the purpose quite well. I like it b/c I have 2 bad knees & it's nice to walk thru vs. lifting the old joints over an obstacle that high
Good choices!! Happy 4th to Dougie et al

Very nice gates indeed! I have watched puppies that literally dragged themselves up and over a gate if i left them, but my dogs never go near the gates--if you rattle them a bit now and then, the pup will be less likely to try to get over them as the noise MIGHT bother them--again, some pups have no fear though! The BEST think about these gates is that the bars are vertical--no place to climb! If Dougie is the fearless type,  that will be good.

Thanks for the nice compliments on the gates.  I really like them and they are serving their purpose.  Dougie is not happy that he can no longer run up the stairs when trying to evade capture.  He will ignore every dog toy in the house, grab a shoe/towel/remote/etc. and take off up the stairs.  Not anymore...Mama 1, Dougie 0--haha!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service