DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We are about to pick up our new doodle Tess this Saturday! I know there was chat about  pet insurance companies. We were left with an inordinate amount of bills from our former dog's sickness and wanted to get insurance right away. Any recommendations?

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have not used it yet but we just signed up with Petplan. They came highly recommended here on DK. We will be adding our new rescue as well. Seems well worth it!

We use Healthy Paws and have been very pleased with the customer service and quick reimbursement they provide.

If you do a search (orange bar at the top on right side is search box) for Pet Insurance you will find many many previous discussions about Pet Insurance.  Many members have insurance and there are several that most members seem to have.  Pet Plan, Healthy Paws, Embrace and VPI are the ones that come to mind.  I personally have Pet Plan and have processed several thousands of dollars in claims in the last 1.5 years without complaint.  It really just depends on what is important to you.  You can set your plan however you like.  Higher deductible and greater co-pay makes your premiums cheaper.  Also keep in mind that the rates are going up each year on just about all plans.  You also want to make sure that genetic diseases are covered and also to get the insurance before your puppy gets any history in its Vet records of any illnesses.  I know there are also some sites that will do comparisons on the various plans.  Unfortunately I don't remember the specific sites.  Possibly just google "pet insurance comparisons" or something like that. 

We have Embrace and have never had a problem with a claim. They reimburse very quickly too.

Congratulations on your new family member, little Tess!!!  I have PetPlan for Tara and my cat Amber and have been very pleased with them.  There are discounts for signing up on line and also if you use the code "doodle".   BTW you're wise to get insurance early!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service